Poll: By the time MeeGo is released, will you buy a new phone?
Poll Options
By the time MeeGo is released, will you buy a new phone?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tokag View Post
being that i just dropped mine in a river while panning for gold...i would have to say "definitely". i wonder if Nokia warranties that shlt...
I hope nokia doesn't read this. if you are trying to put something like that to warranty, only word coming to my mind is "fraud"....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Of course not! what am I,a millionaire?!
As usual,will replace it(most likely...) in about 2.5-3yrs

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
No.

I'm sticking with Nokia through this N900 thang cause their hardware has been good to me in the past and they have supported old models with FW updates. That's why I buy Nokia.

Despite the general FUD around N900 my confidence in Maemo and faith in Nokia remains; these are still early days.

Nokias get better with a few miles on the clock, and I invested heavily in N900 with Maemo. I usually buy below the top end 'cause that's where the true value for money lies, so I need to see a return on this investment first.

Because technology is moving so fast now customers want everything NOW! and loyalty goes out the window as a result. If that continues manufacturers will increasingly respond by producing models with short lifespans and I don't want that. I enjoy building a relationship with my mobiles and hope to keep them for a couple of years or so.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sheffield, England.
Nope not me, im sticking to my n900 for a good year or two

not a phine. but nokia´s table!!!

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
It seems to me, by the time Maemo5 PR1.2 is released, my phone will already be 3-4 years old.... therefore I might get a new one

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
I have to admit, I will probably go for whatever next beefy phone that allows me to install 3rd party apps under my own discretion, and not governed by some tyrannical central power.

Looks like I'll probably not be going the Apple route, but with heavy enough specs, I may purchase from any company.

I like to think of myself as a fan of technology

no i will not switch out my N900 with anything else

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I have no idea. But then, I often don't know what I shall be doing next week. I'll think about that when I get there. Sufficient unto the day is the software thereof.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
gotta get me the new iphone this summer, and gotta get me nokia's response to it later in the year!
i try to get 6-12 months from a device, then it goes in its box on the shelf with the rest of the collection

Tags
get back on, your meds