Closed Thread
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
Mine was upgraded over wifi and then started rebooting over and over. One time I did get as far as the time/date/region setting screen and noticed that that it now supports Australia! Yay! Happy about that. But then it started rebooting again.

It seems to reboot just as it is trying to display the home screen. I assume there is an app I have installed that is conflicting.. Painful as I don't have my usb cable here with me.

Originally Posted by Martyman View Post
Mine was upgraded over wifi and then started rebooting over and over. One time I did get as far as the time/date/region setting screen and noticed that that it now supports Australia! Yay! Happy about that. But then it started rebooting again.

It seems to reboot just as it is trying to display the home screen. I assume there is an app I have installed that is conflicting.. Painful as I don't have my usb cable here with me.
I had conflicts with Tweakr and Catorise a while back, but it was unrelated to any firmware update. Flash and backup solved it for me.

Originally Posted by eitama View Post
Update appeared for me in the application manager, but when I tried to install it, It requested I use the "nokia software updater" application.

And so I did, 157MB download, and about 5 minutes install,
All my settings are gone, wallpapers, openssh server... etc etc.
From what I recall, saying you need to use your data cable was either due to not having enough space or because of conflicting apps... I think it was the latter. You should backup before doing anything like this... its good practice. You can always flash and restore if things go wrong later...

And nothing in London, UK yet - did get an update for fMMS though... got me all excited!

Originally Posted by raghu_mark View Post
@niqbal: Have you installed apps from extras-devel or extras-testing?
no, i uninstalled extras-devel stuff before upgrading. it did restart twice on me within first five mins of upgrade but since then its back to normal. Its working fine now, maybe it needed to cough out some stuff lol

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
no, i uninstalled extras-devel stuff before upgrading. it did restart twice on me within first five mins of upgrade but since then its back to normal. Its working fine now, maybe it needed to cough out some stuff lol
My N900 restarted twice after update, after the 1st restart it flashed one of the firmware updates, and then rebooted immediately after the flashing.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ktchiu View Post
I remember a post on twitter recently saying there would be a minor firmware update within a week and a major FW update within a month. Guess that rumor came true.
It's looking like this update is clearing the way for the next major update.
Yes, this sounds like that rumor all right. I gor this update in the Los Angekes area. When i ran it I go a message saying operation failed early on but continued and it said operating system updated at the end. I can't see any changes but no further updates are offered!.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Nothing in Copenhagen, Denmark so far

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Phoenix, Cochin, Bad Durkheim
Is it just me or does everybody else feel that the phone is faster now after the update.

At first it told me I didn't have enough memory. I blew away some themes I didn't like and did the following as root from the command line:

apt-get update
apt-get clean

I got about 20 MB back which left me with about 55 MB free. That did the trick and the update went smooth, and I'm up and running. Definitely some scrolling speed fixes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Martyman View Post

My bet is you will have to reflash the emmc or whatever it is called. I went thru something like that long ago, like two days

You all MUST download the
HyperUI QT preview
if you want to see
what the new
phone UI is
going to
morph
into.

dcarter

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update