Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Love the selective calculations. No wonder you will never be in charge of anything...........try it again with numbers that deal with actual devices sold (hint)
Oh, in that case you are wrong.
3.9% - 3.6% = 0.3% increase.

Your move, chump.

I'm flattered

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Sorry to help you with math. Do I see 50% rise in WP (Lumia numbers). You prove my point.
When you only have one customer and that person also buys another of your phone, it certainly can LOOK like you've shot up 50%. With such low numbers, compared to all of the competition, it's easy to rise and fall 50%--you're still the loser when you're near or in last place with such low market share.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Just for fun:

http://jimlynch.com/mobile/microsoft...ould-be-fired/

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

I think what happened is that the Board said to the NOKIA leadership: you guys cant deliver, you are too slow, the transitions and products are not competitive, something needs to be done ASAP. Samsung already made a transition and we are stuck with dinosaur platforms. And we need someone outside of these stale hallways to shake things up. Hence Elop.
The only reason why Nokia went with WP instead of Android is because Microsoft bribed them. That's it. There's nothing else. If Nokia had gone with Android their long term possibilities could have been endless.

It was a desperate, stupid, myopic choice.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
The only reason why Nokia went with WP instead of Android is because Microsoft bribed them. That's it. There's nothing else. If Nokia had gone with Android their long term possibilities could have been endless.

It was a desperate, stupid, myopic choice.
I think your analysis is a bit myopic too. I think the money helped, but I do think that there was a substantial internal review and consultation on what makes sense for them. It is possible that Android didnt let them differentiate as much. It is possible that it would have hurt their navigation and mapping division if they went Android. You and I werent at those meetings. Lets leave it at that.

Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
http://www.gizchai.com/2013/08/30000...iaomi-red.html

Just saying

rgds
Looks like Lumia 520 knockoff.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Oh, in that case you are wrong.
3.9% - 3.6% = 0.3% increase.

Your move, chump.
5.6 million to 8.9 million, let me take my calculator..........+60%.

Your move gump

Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
@Lumiaman

The definition of winning could be considered as 80% market share, yes Apple has a great eco system, it was around before Android so it was a good starting place.

I am holding off porting my apps to Android which will take a fair few months just a bit longer to see if

QT becomes a viable option.
FirefoxOS becomes a viable option
Android IDE becomes nice
Jolla gets there
Javascript dies horribly in a heap
Java dies horribly in a heap
C becomes the worldwide standard

It used to be ABC, Anything But Chardonnay

Today its ABW, Anything But Windows

Nokia comes to its senses and fixes this horrible mess

rgds
Symbian was at one point the largest producer of smartphones, yet we know how that ended. I think we have to look at how individual manufacturers are doing. By my account, Apple (closed system) was until recently the most valuable company in the world. Wow. With a single phone delivered on a yearly basis. Wow. And everyone is imitating them. It doesnt matter if open or closed, what matters is what are you delivering.

I think your analysis is a bit myopic too. I think the money helped, but I do think that there was a substantial internal review and consultation on what makes sense for them. It is possible that Android didnt let them differentiate as much. It is possible that it would have hurt their navigation and mapping division if they went Android. You and I werent at those meetings. Lets leave it at that.
It was all about the money. If mapping was a sticking point, then the smart move for Nokia would have been to put mapping in their back pocket for the immediate future. In the meantime, the S40 platform leaves plenty of room for Nokia to spread their mapping and navigation around.

Samsung is using Android as a bridge. WP is a bridge to nowhere. The board gave away the farm.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha