Notices

...when browsing in Artists/Albums?

Has anyone filled it with >16Go of music, and encountered any kind of lag? I expect it not to lag, but I'd like confirmation

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to peio For This Useful Post:
I Know the one on the n800 does, as I have a 32GB car with over 6000 songs on it. I ended up using Youamp for music.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Originally Posted by peio View Post
...when browsing in Artists/Albums?

Has anyone filled it with >16Go of music, and encountered any kind of lag? I expect it not to lag, but I'd like confirmation

Thanks
I have N900 pre production device from summit and media player with 17G of music (about 3400 sogs and all with album art). It took some time when I first time started media player but after that I haven't seen any big problems. When I start media player and browse all songs processor tops for about 10 seconds and after that I can scroll through the list without hiccups. Browsing albums there is also similar start up delay but after that it also works great. For albums or genres delay is bit shorter.

Generally speaking one can live with it but I would like to see little speed bump in media player performance when there are thousands of songs. And remember that this is pre production device so performance might be different on final release.

Okay, thank you both for feedback, really appreciated

So it lags a little at the start in songs/album view (10s ???), as there are a lot of songs or the album art to display, my main use will be to browse in the artists view: is there less lag in this view (simplier to display)?

Thanks again

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Lag is few seconds in the artist view when media player is already started.