Active Topics

Originally Posted by cvp View Post
How many Space and how many do you have paid for it?
Is Playstore pre Installed? Do you Upgrade to 2.0.3.14? if yes, is fingerprint working or not yet?
128gb

Phone came on latest OS build but fingerprint not yet working. Should be working on next OTA upgrade which i think is later this month

If you're meaning Google play store then no, its not pre installed

I paid a grand for it

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dynamite For This Useful Post:
Are you this one guy also showing the pics on twitter?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
i just stumbled across this site and felt compelled to sign up and post. The phone is real and I've been using it for the last couple days. I'm coming from an iphone so I'm still getting use to sailfish but the phone is awesome!
yes, welcome!
If you want to WOW us, simply do some standard benchmarks so we can easily compare and classify

Did or do you have contact to other people recieving the phone or still waiting? Is there any kind of "Turing Community"?
Congrats and have fun with this most fabled device

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Are you this one guy also showing the pics on twitter?
i cant remember the last time i used Twitter. Not sure who you're referring too

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dynamite For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks Dynamite for signing up and answering our questions. Especially given how skeptical we are here about the Turing Phone. I think the more we see and hear about it, that skepticism will drop.

And for the record, the skepticism is solely around the company and their ability to deliver the devices after so many broken dates and promises.

With that said, your shift from the iPhone to Sailfish invariably has you missing some things. Anything stick out in particular?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
yes, welcome!
If you want to WOW us, simply do some standard benchmarks so we can easily compare and classify

Did or do you have contact to other people recieving the phone or still waiting? Is there any kind of "Turing Community"?
Congrats and have fun with this most fabled device
I've had the phone for a couple days so i have no idea how to bench mark this phone

I despise Facebook so I'm not on there. Not sure what that community is about but i wouldn't be surprised if there is a community

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dynamite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Thanks Dynamite for signing up and answering our questions. Especially given how skeptical we are here about the Turing Phone. I think the more we see and hear about it, that skepticism will drop.

And for the record, the skepticism is solely around the company and their ability to deliver the devices after so many broken dates and promises.

With that said, your shift from the iPhone to Sailfish invariably has you missing some things. Anything stick out in particular?
The ease of getting and using apps. I didn't think twice about getting an app, now I'm trying to figure out what I can and can't live without app wise.

Little things like the keyboard. Nice keyboard but it doesn't automatically add a period after pressing space bar twice. Also no emojis.

The web browser is basic as well.

That being said its expected from a young OS

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dynamite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
@Dynamite

Welcome I'm quite jealous at you to be honest

I'm wondering whatever European bands are supported

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
I've had the phone for a couple days so i have no idea how to bench mark this phone
Some fast to access browser benchmarks are collected here in the second table.
Just open the page in Sailfish Browser and/or Firefox and klick the links.

The "Linux console" commands on top of that page require to have developer mode enabled so you get Fingerterm installed or can access via SSH. But i definately do not want to talk you into that

The Android Benchmark apps listed on bottom of the page would need to be installed from your favourite android store and just run on your TRIP
(for that abbreviation of Turing Robotics Industries Phone alone i need to get one)

Some klick and go browser benchmarks would be very nice for the start!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
@Dynamite

Welcome I'm quite jealous at you to be honest

I'm wondering whatever European bands are supported
I believe all bands are support especially if it's GSM. CDMA may be finicky. So long as you can get the proper APN info, you shouldn't have a problem

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dynamite For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone