Active Topics

Originally Posted by Navi View Post
How would you be able to see anything?
Well, I was proposing things like:
  • 1280x800 @ 9" =167 PPI
  • 1024x600 @ 7" =170 PPI
  • 1280x800 @ 7" =215 PPI

I'd see things on those the same way as on a 770/N800/N810 (800x480/4.1": 227 PPI), U820 (1280x800/5.6": 270 PPI), or HP mini-note (1280x800/9": 167 PPI), as they're all comparable resolutions. There's some others out there, too, but I'm too lazy to find the specs on any more.

Basic technique for high-res mobile devices: if you need to make out individual pixels, move the device closer to your eyes. But most of the time, you don't need to, you just need to read text. This is what antialiased fonts are best for -- the case where pixels are hovering about the threshold of visibility. And sure enough, they work beautifully on an N8x0 -- I can't afford a U820 to test at 270; but they'd certainly be fine (for me )on any of the screens I'm suggesting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Bangkok, Thailand
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
256MB, according to the specs (which matches with the Rev. C Beagle).
Here is the reponse I received about memory.

"Dear Bill,

Thank you for your interest in the Touch Book.

The Touch Book has 256MB of memory.

In terms of storage, it ships with an 8GB microSD card, part of which is used by the OS. If you want to add additional storage space, we recommend you connect a USB drive to one of the Touch Book's internal USB ports. If you still want to swap in a bigger microSD (or SDHC) card, though, you're welcome to. You're only limited by which cards actually exist. The Touch Book itself imposes no maximum size.

Best,
David S.
Always Innovating Customer Service

-----

To: contact@alwaysinnovating.com
Cc:
Subject: Question Touch Book

How much internal memory is planned for Touch Book? And how much is
available to the user?"

thaibill

The Following User Says Thank You to thaibill For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
a somewhat interesting solution

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Nah, i will not buy that if i can't add more memory...

US pre-order only... WHYYYYYY?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
its a company based in california, and with usa being the size it is, its much simpler for them to handle a first run that way...

Originally Posted by tso View Post
its a company based in california, and with usa being the size it is, its much simpler for them to handle a first run that way...
Explain how is it simplier.

I've read in the FAQ that they are still figuring out the multilingual keyboards and to handle international shipping. I'm a french canadian, but I wouldn't mind having an english keyboard at all. So it leaves only the shipping problem... is it that hard to ship to Canada? We are just up there. D:

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Battery life 3-5 hours ( 10-15 only with keyboard attached )

I'll pass.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Battery life 3-5 hours ( 10-15 only with keyboard attached )

I'll pass.
Probably with non-power saving OS installed.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Probably with non-power saving OS installed.
Yeah, I'd be interested to know what it would get with something well optimized for OMAP3, although the screen is a big hurdle to jump (and it makes up a much larger percentage of the battery usage on this thing than a Nokia tablet).

I'm guessing the USB WLAN/Bluetooth doesn't help much, either. I wonder what sort of improvement an SPI chipset might be able to bring.

Tags
baby's arm, holding an apple