Notices

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Zürich
Originally Posted by rachol View Post
Did you read anything in this thread? Did you read anything in the config wizard?

It stated, that the configuration window is shown only once,

it states, that configuration files will stay on your device even after reinstalling and installing it again, like it happens with many other apps.

If you want to run the configuration wizard, pleas send a message to yourself with the pass you have configured ("Config" is the default)
same problem for me! first it worked. now no config wizard by sending my password, no reports when sending the activation password. uninstalled/reinstalled several times, rebooted... not working anymore.
-where is the config file to delet (new location)?
-why ist there no wizard without sending an sms? a wizard who is password protected?

i LOVE the app an i postet it on my blog ( www.maemo.ch )
dominique, switzerland

The Following User Says Thank You to nikrohr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Working but the location just gives range of houses 1346-1390. It would be great if it gets the exact house number even to the point whether the person with taking a ***** in the bathroom or hiding in the closet.

Hello,
I installed several version of imhere, and i was thinking that i already desinstall it before installing the new version.

But it seems that i have at least 2 instances working (and rebooting doesn't solve).

# ps ax | grep here
1206 root 2084 S /bin/sh /usr/bin/run-standalone.sh /usr/bin/imhere-0.
1216 root 2084 S /bin/sh /usr/bin/run-standalone.sh /usr/bin/imhere-0.
1241 root 58140 S /usr/bin/imhere-0.2
1252 root 58400 S /usr/bin/imhere-0.3
Any advice about removing the double it a clean way ?
regards.

dpkg -P imhere-0.2

Originally Posted by rachol View Post
dpkg -P imhere-0.2
That's a quick answer !!!
I removed it by sending the manage SMS and the 2 versions where asking question one after the other.
I removed the 2 and reinstall the latest.

Thanks for the tip rachol. And again kudos !!!!!

Btw.last time Ihave announced new server is in use, my upload has failed...

Now, new update is waiting now in repos...

Shortly, most probably on wednesday, I will upload an update, where you can specify the configuration file location. So no more worries about the forgotten password.

If you will update to new version, that will be most probably available on wednesday, though it might come also on thursday. All the old versions will be removed by the update including all the configuration files and other stuff.

With new version, when you don't have configuration file location specified, configuration wizard will popup and ask you to specify the location.

In case something does not work or you forgot your configuration pass, you can rermove th file you have specified and after reboot the config wizard will be shown for you to aply the changes.

I still haven't managed my private stuff for this week, so I won't be very often here, but I promise to make above update come through, because it will most probably solve many issues some people my have

Thank you and see you back on wednesday/thursday

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rachol For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nikrohr View Post
same problem for me! first it worked. now no config wizard by sending my password, no reports when sending the activation password. uninstalled/reinstalled several times, rebooted... not working anymore.
-where is the config file to delet (new location)?
-why ist there no wizard without sending an sms? a wizard who is password protected?

i LOVE the app an i postet it on my blog ( www.maemo.ch )
dominique, switzerland
Thank you very much, your post on www.maemo.ch put me in a very good mood. In the post above I have announced some new things, that will solve your current problem.

BR,
rachol

UPDATE:
Don't update yet, It crashes... working on it

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ São Paulo - SP - Brasil
Hi Rachol...
I received some help from Steve via MSN and managed to re-open the config window. it's is working end my messages/passwords are under control now. The application is simply one of the best ideas I've ever heard! Thank you! And Thanks Steve!
Your idea will be a great success. It can be used in MANY different applications. The possibilities are uncountable...
But Another problem showed up. I simply don't receive SMS messages frm the IamHere application. When it tries to send it a message pops onthe N900 screen stating that the attempt to send a message failed. I guess I know the reason... I'm in São Paulo - Brasil and my cellphone company (TIM) as most operators here sends something more than the caller's number. e.g. if the caller's number is 5555-1234 (we use 8 digit numbers here) the caller's id will be 0412755551234. Where 27 is the caller's are code, 041 is the long distance operator contracted by the user. If you try to convert it to the international standard, it will be a problem. I think this is the problem because I can reply the messages but the application doesn't. Can you help with this? I'm specially interested in receiving SMS messages only.
Thanks & Regards.
Roberto.

I may have screwed something up, forgot to add the +44 for the passwords so can no longer get access to Config/Activate/Deactivate :S

Anybody available to help? Would be greatly appreciated.