Notices

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Germany
Hi everyone!

I ported the Podcatcher app from Harmattan to SailfishOS. Maybe some of you might contribute translations or help fixing bugs, not to mention develop new features. Unfortunately, I do not have too much time at the moment.

The code is on GitHub (https://github.com/CarolusMagnus/Podcatcher).

I forgot to mention: the app is published in Jolla Harbour.

Last edited by Carolus; 2016-10-08 at 16:03.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carolus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
Hi everyone!

I ported the Podcatcher app from Harmattan to SailfishOS. Maybe some of you might contribute translations or help fixing bugs, not to mention develop new features. Unfortunately, I do not have too much time at the moment.

The code is on GitHub (https://github.com/CarolusMagnus/Podcatcher).

I forgot to mention: the app is published in Jolla Harbour.
Good day Carolus, today 2024 the Podcatcher application works very well as far as the basics go:

-Convenient search on at least one podcast platform (that does not sensor too much)
-Downloading as MP3 files to SD card!
-Playing with internal clutter free player.
-Continuous play modus

Invonveniences:

-no sleep timer (Slumber to the rescue)
-hanging frequently even on 6GB RAM device, better disable auto refesh / auto download untill better queueing of tasks is implemented
-name giving of the downloaded MP3 files is very random. You may look to get the idtag information somewhere else to create uniform files (Downcast on iOS does this nicely)
A big help would be to download the podcasts in a subfolder named podcasts
-I had the application installed on a device with no SD card. When later adding an SD card, the application claims it cannot save to the SD card , make sure it is decrypted, mounted... (which it is and it works for other applications) Uninstalling / reinstalling doesn't help.

Other than that this is very useful software. Especially the save to SD feature which competing applications make more difficult.

Feature request:

Extend continuous play to latest podcasts on different channels. (good for dirty hand works :-) )

Posting here because not used to other platforms for bug / status reviews, hope you find it.