Closed Thread
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
first 16 are going to the post office tomorrow morning! uploaded some pics from the construction etc to the dropbox folder

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
first 16 are going to the post office tomorrow morning! uploaded some pics from the construction etc to the dropbox folder
where are the final pictures?

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
where are the final pictures?
ehhh... in the dropbox folder?!

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
ehhh... in the dropbox folder?!
There is no picture of a Jolla device snapped on the Qwerty-OH ??!!??

I wanted to see some pictures of the keyboard snapped on the Jolla from different angles

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post

the geeky stuff should be cheaper.
It should be more expensive. These aren't made in millions of units by exploited chinese teen girls, who give up their future and education for few pennies while working in a sweat shop.

It's just a dutch dude (and apparently some help from a finnish geek) bleeding his free time to get a 75 units of these done.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
erm, is there a possibility of lowering the price? I see it's a full handmande and stuff... but, pay 400 euro for the device and +100 for the keyboard and it can't even go fully landscape yet. just buy a brand new N900 for $150 if you want the full qwerty smarthone.

Most stupid question and comment so far...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
erm, is there a possibility of lowering the price? I see it's a full handmande and stuff... but, pay 400 euro for the device and +100 for the keyboard and it can't even go fully landscape yet. just buy a brand new N900 for $150 if you want the full qwerty smarthone.

If you really think that dirkvl's personal time and effort is worth nothing of your money, you can just grab the dropbox files that he kindly released and build the device yourself.
That should make you understand that *prototype* manufacturing is neither simple nor necessarily cheap.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ Finland
Personally I think 100 euros is cheap price. I might pay it from a mass produced qwerty too. It just is such on add on that I haven't had with Jolla and dirkvl work was the final trigger that I even bought Jolla. Otherwise I could have been returned back to Desire Z.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Uitto For This Useful Post:
erm, is there a possibility of lowering the price?
eh ->

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
build the device yourself
will upload the parts list also today! Edit: there are in the dropbox!

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-03-15 at 19:07.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
first 16 are on their way!

for these people:
please remember that this is not a polished product and can -and will- have imperfections! also, the software is not yet done and everything will be a bit hackish at first.

if there are any problems with them, please email me, then i can more easily help with fixing the problem then when we fill this whole thread with issues

also, the shipping was a little cheaper than anticipated. if you want the difference back, send me a message. otherwise it is converted to a crazy-otherhalf voucher for future projects!

also, i am exhausted. this whole keyboard making is a bit more work than anticipated. i am learning a lot though, so that is always good!

ow, last thing! a very few people -like 3 or so- have a very limited edition keypad! see if you can spot the difference!

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-03-17 at 08:26.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
keyboard, limited-edition, otherhalf, qwerty