Active Topics

Notices

@laasonen @pali: it looks like you need libqtm-11-declarative (can you please confirm?)

@niloy: as far as I know the key is a 'developer key' you need to request a new app to obtain a new one (it's call AppID) (but I think you can use it with my app without problem, but I'm not sure)

The Following User Says Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin
Yes, I confirm to you that after installing libqtm-11-declarative now I can start and also use your app WolframAlpha! Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Tumleh For This Useful Post:
Good, I'm going to make a new release with this fix.

Hi guys,

bad news ;(
I've just received an email from W|A team asking me to stop development on this app because, if I continuosly overpassing the query limit, I've to pay some fee, and also because the app has infringed some parts of the Terms and Conditions agreement.
So I'm going to switch it off. I'll remove it from extras repo asap.
Sorry guys.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Can you publish your source code of this app to gitorious or garage?

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by b0unc3 View Post
Hi guys,

bad news ;(
I've just received an email from W|A team asking me to stop development on this app because, if I continuosly overpassing the query limit, I've to pay some fee, and also because the app has infringed some parts of the Terms and Conditions agreement.
So I'm going to switch it off. I'll remove it from extras repo asap.
Sorry guys.
Can you elaborate on the terms they claim you infringed? Any hint of someone on their team that we can try to talk to?

I think we should try to work together and make this application viable and complying.

Maybe we (with the maemo council) can try to work with W|A for exceptions and so on...

(please feel free to send me a private message if you prefer)

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Wolfram doing W|A application for Android and iPhone. If they do not want to create Maemo application, why Maemo community instead cannot do it??

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
@fcrochik I've pm'ed you
@pali: that's what I've say to them

The Following User Says Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
see this video if you dont understand this app

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHIp6...layer_embedded

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

please don't let this die its so useful for quick references, ive been using wolframalpha with microb and it isnt pleasant.