Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I got to ask...Did Jolla invent the wheel again?

Today most transactions are international...

Was Jolla totally unaware about this? 4 weeks for one transfer.

They are reinventing the bicycle again

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
been using for a few days now.
It it of course faster than the phone, but it's of course not near perfect and bit slower than I'd hoped.
battery doesn't last, at least it definitely can't compare with the iPad mini i have.

One evening left at 33%, dead the day after.
Love Jolla, but so much miss Nokia :-(

Evebpn MS people are not as good in optimising their hw as Nokia people were.

I want to go back in time before Elop and have Nokia still here pushing Maemo all the way :-(

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
It it of course faster than the phone, but it's of course not near perfect and bit slower than I'd hoped.
battery doesn't last, at least it definitely can't compare with the iPad mini i have.

I want to go back in time before Elop and have Nokia still here pushing Maemo all the way :-(
Sell it and buy something useful instead?

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London

Battery is definitely sub-par, I hope the new upcoming phones perform better.

I also found screen colour still inaccurate, better than Jolla phone but still sub-par in this age.

No matter how clever or hard working Nokia's SW and HW engineers are, their board are dumb and stupid to hire EFlop and having hope for WP. They deserve it. But Jolla should survive and getting better.

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
To be honest, I loved the N900 and maemo (and I still do). But I think that you are glorifying Nokia and Maemo over the top.

Hardware wasn't that nice as many here tell. Yes it was a beast in respect of performance and features. On the other side many of you guys seem to have already forgotten the USB connector fiasco, the two bright spots on the screen and the not very durable coating of the screen. And even the battery live was worse compared to the Jolla phone.

And yes maemo was a good system but it had also some let downs, like missing caldav support, missing mms support, bluetooth support was crippled and there were many more...

I think you know well why the Maemo devices were so brilliant. It wasn't alone Nokia, it was the great community. This community is still there. Smaller but still great. So I think it doesn't help to celebrate the good old times but to work on a brighter future!

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Woooohoooo
"We are happy to let you know that we are almost ready to ship your Jolla Tablet!"

I got the mail a second ago and will pay within this minute

Edit, everything worked, payed additional 51.87$ tax.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-04-15 at 12:55.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Woooohoooo
"We are happy to let you know that we are almost ready to ship your Jolla Tablet!"
Your take especially is what I'm interested in about the tablet. Congrats, hope everything goes smoothly for you.

It's great to see so many new tablets popping up. One of the side effects of doing that unofficial warehouse build is I can see the spike of new downloads over the last few days.

The tablet does have a few bugs left, and hopefully now there are a few more of us we can get to the bottom of them. I'm sure the sailors don't have a lot of time for such a small group of users, but I bet they'll fix stuff if we do the detective work.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Woooohoooo

I got the mail a second ago and will pay within this minute

Edit, everything worked, payed additional 51.87$ tax.
Congrats!

They are almost ready... DANGER! DANGER!

What would have happend if Jolla built second phone instead of the troublet?

Would Jolla be in better, same or worse state...it's impossible to tell but still an interesting thought.

While you think about that. Think about this.

What will be Jolla next move...how long can they survive without proper hwpartners...and sales

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund