Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Hi everyone!

As I will be attending the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this month I want to ask you if you have any questions regarding MeeGo I should ask the companies who are supporting MeeGo.
There will be many opportunities for short interviews, so your suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-02-12 at 18:13.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
you could ask them when they want to make meego ready for 3d displays or when nokia want to develop a 3d phone

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Ask Nokia if their next Meego phone wil have support for at least 2 years
</pessimism>

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maharadja For This Useful Post:
Ask Nokia if it will port majority if not all of its Symbian apps to meego. given their QT.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rohit.parlapalli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
i dont think that nokia would answer to this question but another question could be: how many smartphones with meego is planned to ship during 2011 by nokia and/or intel

i think the problem with the questions is that we dont know what nokia will show us on the mwc.

Originally Posted by Maharadja View Post
Ask Nokia if their next Meego phone wil have support for at least 2 years
</pessimism>
as far as i have understood the new strategy of nokia, all devices (symbian and meego) will get all new updates for the os. means that you will get the newest meego version for your first meego phone also in the next years (as long as they still use that os)

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Thanks for your suggestions.
regarding porting the Symbian Apps: I guess that's the task of the developer and not Nokia.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
another question: is nokia prepared to compete with the iphone 5 or any of the new android phones coming this year?

BTW: i dont like iphone for (many) different reasons, android is a no-go too, but people around me do have an iphone or an galaxy s, and if they see my n900 (my little baby) they are laughing at me (not really laughing, but i think you know what i mean). so the main question would be, will i be able to laugh at them after buying a meego phone? i still hope it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
you could ask them when they want to make meego ready for 3d displays or when nokia want to develop a 3d phone
Nokia already has a research lab in the Northern part of Finland, that does a lot of research on 3D screens and prolly al kinds of 3D thingamajigs.

Some questions:

* Does Nokia intend to make its very first MeeGo devices compatible with Intel's AppUpp store as well?

* (Please say it is so that) MeeGo will support Ovi services out-of-the-box?

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
another question: is nokia prepared to compete with the iphone 5 or any of the new android phones coming this year?

BTW: i dont like iphone for (many) different reasons, android is a no-go too, but people around me do have an iphone or an galaxy s, and if they see my n900 (my little baby) they are laughing at me (not really laughing, but i think you know what i mean). so the main question would be, will i be able to laugh at them after buying a meego phone? i still hope it
But isn't your own happiness with your device the main point? I have a little thing with my N900, that I always chuckle inside when people look down on it. Because I know she's the one for me (with personality!).

EDIT: Besides, with all the "will Nokia compete with ABC" talk, the answer is of course. But I think you want to know in advance more speficially what kinds of devices are coming out?

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post: