Notices

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by grog View Post
Finally got around to trying the Okuda theme & unfortunately I still can't see the content. Seems that the message body stays black against the black background of the theme. In an article for example from Slashdot, the comments are on a while background so they're readable, whereas the main article is not.

TX
Ok so there is a problem with theme and QtWebkit. Many options : [LIST][*] the theme is not correct[*] QtWebkit do not take all it's colors from the theme [*] Item specify text color but not background color

I don't know which one is good because i have nothing white in the few themes i tested, but the background of my item view stay white

Perhaps i can force the background to be... white ?

Is this problem appear for all items, with content from GRead or content for original ("view original in GRead") ?

Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
Twidi,

Why use an iPhone user agent? No reason to prop up the iPhone mindshare.

A couple of times over the weekend while using the on screen next button, it was left highlighted on the next item. Unfortunately I can't figure out what causes it. It happened maybe 1-2% of the time.

Frank
For my carrier the standard webkit user agent is viewed as a "desktop browser" so it's forbidden (as bad as it is...)
So i put a user agent with these two requirements : "mobile" and "webkit"

I didn't put the MicroB user agent because this one is not "webkit"

Other idea ?

I think i'll add a settings for this (one of my near futur work is to add many things in settings)

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by Twidi View Post
Ok so there is a problem with theme and QtWebkit. Many options :
  • the theme is not correct
  • QtWebkit do not take all it's colors from the theme
  • Item specify text color but not background color

I don't know which one is good because i have nothing white in the few themes i tested, but the background of my item view stay white

Perhaps i can force the background to be... white ?
Simple fix that would work for me

Is this problem appear for all items, with content from GRead or content for original ("view original in GRead") ?
"View original in GRead" does work fine because it's rendered with white background.

This issue isn't unique to Okuda. The Matrix Theme which uses a black background has the same issue.

TX
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by Twidi View Post
So i put a user agent with these two requirements : "mobile" and "webkit"

Other idea ?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv7l; en-GB; rv:1.9.2a1pre) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko, Mobile Safari/528.5+) RX-51 N900

Frank

I've just added some settings about the informations banner.
  • It can be shown on top or bottom, or never
  • When displayed it can be hidden after a (configurable) delay, with sliding, or never

Later, this information banner will have more informations in it, and a shortcut will be available to display it when hidden

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twidi For This Useful Post:
Good idea, thanks. The latest version of Grr-NG has something like that. IMHO it's too big, but something in between should be fine :-)

It does mention the feed name however,which is useful in the "All" list. If you really don't want to put it in the window caption, the banner could be a good place too :-)

I updated & the first time I ran it my phone rebooted sa soon as I tried to open the first article . I've had this happen a few times before, but hadn't pinned it down to GRead. This time there was nothing else running.

On startup I received an error message that my overclock settings hadn't loaded due to an error. I normally leave it running @ either 850 or 1150 without any problems (until now ).

I find it hard to believe that a news-reader would have anything in it that could cause this, but figured I'd post the info just in case.

TX
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Oops, meant to also say that after the reboot, works really nice . I especially the ability to keep the tag lines active.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by grog View Post
Oops, meant to also say that after the reboot, works really nice . I especially the ability to keep the tag lines active.
Huoh..Hmm.

I think it would be good to all overclockers know that cpu overheating is probably not the main problem when overcloking, but unsynced reads&writes between cpu-mainboard-memory. That was the first warnings what power management engineer from Nokia commented here on TMO when people started to oveclock their N900s. (IIRC it was Igor Stoppa). [people who memorize this please correct me if i´m just writing utter bullsh] So do not be surprised on reboots and corrupted filesystem/memory

Last edited by slender; 2010-09-28 at 21:27.

That's strange. I have also been running the OC'd Titan kernel for quite a while without any problems, and yesterday I had the same thing grog just described. I was probably using GRead too (I always do :-). I thought it was maybe a memory issue and a watchdog kicking in.

Grog, are you also using some of debernardis' "optimizations" scripts ?

One of those says that when a memalloc fails, kill the process that asked for it, not the one that's using the most memory... so if a user process is super greedy, but the failed memalloc happens to come from a system process, maybe that could trigger a reboot ?