After a call i have to double tap on screen to wake up the phone to close phone app. Is that normal? And are all hardware buttons loose like mine? making a sound when tapping a little hard on screen or shaking the phone?

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by abuli View Post
And are all hardware buttons loose like mine? making a sound when tapping a little hard on screen or shaking the phone?
Cannot confirm that, mine seem rock solid...

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
After a call i have to double tap on screen to wake up the phone to close phone app. Is that normal? And are all hardware buttons loose like mine? making a sound when tapping a little hard on screen or shaking the phone?
RE: After a call i have to double tap on screen to wake up the phone to close phone app. Is that normal?
- No, but it is as it is right now.

RE: And are all hardware buttons loose like mine? making a sound when tapping a little hard on screen or shaking the phone?
- My volume rosckers make sound, when I shake the phone, however, power key is solid. Someone mentioned that these buttons are made of rubber and metal is only clued on to the rubber. This explains why the buttons are as they are.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong, CHINA
After a call i have to double tap on screen to wake up the phone to close phone app.
I get this too. It's annoying.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
RE: And are all hardware buttons loose like mine? making a sound when tapping a little hard on screen or shaking the phone?
- My volume rosckers make sound, when I shake the phone, however, power key is solid. Someone mentioned that these buttons are made of rubber and metal is only clued on to the rubber. This explains why the buttons are as they are.
The metal on rubber doesn't explain why they rattle. Google updated the Nexus 5 when the hardware buttons rattled. Making the buttons a little too small or with too great a tolerance would explain the rattle. I don't expect Jolla to update the physical design of the phone, they don't have Googles resources, but they can do better in future.

After a call i have to double tap on screen to wake up the phone to close phone app. Is that normal?
Same here.

And are all hardware buttons loose like mine? making a sound when tapping a little hard on screen or shaking the phone?
Mine are also a bit loose (incl. sound).

Something more:

Open "Messages", go to "New Message" and then close the app.
After opening again you see that the app does not start from beginning (like in all the other apps; settings, notice, etc.) but it directly shows the "New Message" page.

My LTE provider's (920) battery died so I finally plugged a SIM card into Jolla, for polish operator Play this is what is displayed on lock screen
Attached Images

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
@szopin: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-network-name/
Don't really follow together... 2k questions in a couple of weeks, sorting/searching is a pain (especially on Jolla which uses some kind of dumb interface, you cannot zoom out to see who posted etc, there probably is a topic there (or multiple) about it, TMO is much better imho)

Interesting thing that I encountered out of nowhere.

I was just opening the browser -> didnt open, thought "oh-this-is-weird", so rebooted. Then I noticed, all of the app-icons were in default-order(?!) or somehow in a totally wrong way. Not the way they just had been.