Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
True. To get back to the app, you have to double tap, but double tap + swipe down + tap on the cover. It can be very annoying at some point. And there are plenty of situations where it can happen, not only reading blogs.

Today I ended up setting the lock time to 10 min temporarily, I was so fed up with that gesture combination of double tap + swipe + tap just to return to the application I was in.

A design idea could be to allow double tap + side swipe from the lock screen to return to the last app, as on Harmattan. Swipe down would still be possible to show the homescreen. Currently the lockscreen sideswipe is used for favorite ambiences, which are already accessible from homescreen sideswipes, and admittedly could be accessible from elsewhere so that sideswipes could be used for more critical features.
Yes, I have been thinking the same

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by shining235 View Post
I got my contacts from N9 and wanted to change some entries for instant messaging. These entries are shown on the contacts page itself, but not on the edit page.
It seems there is no way atm to change the telepathy portion.
I had that too, In the end deleted the imported data and removed all IM accounts on the N9 before transfer.

There should really be an option to edit all fields in a contact, especially since the Instant Messaging entries from e.g. skype serve no real purpose on the Jolla missing skype support...

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Dissagre. Few use MMS this days, better community do it:
While I agree that MMS usage is not so common (at least in the current market targeted by Jolla), I don't think it's something that should be left to the community.
Testing MMS support is long and it can be expensive process if you don't have your own BTS and 'private' GSM testing network (which Jolla guys certainly have).

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Have to agree on the mail notification complaints. I always considered it a bug in the N9 that it didn't notify me of every new email.

I have three mail accounts that I use to filter stuff that is important.

My personal email isn't that important and the current notification system is ok.

I have two work accounts - one notifying me of web server outages/resource constraints and another of support tickets. Ideally I really want to be interrupted whatever I'm doing for those two when they happen and not find them some time later after I've missed the first notification sound because I was away.

While I'm at it, I'd also only like to be interrupted during work hours, not 24/7. The N9 used to have schedules where you had peak and off-peak hours. Jolla doesn't yet.
There is peak and off-peak for Exchange accounts (although not sure it's actually working yet!)

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Further problem for me:
I have some mails which are not diplayed at all.
When I try to open them they are empty and in the list-view they are marked with "No Preview"

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
I AM a developer. It's not freaking rocket science, Mike. I didn't use that term lightly, but it's not likely to be the most onerous of changes.
Developing is not the only thing to it, if you're developing software professionally. Think of UI design, implementation, code review, localization, testing, etc. Even a small feature can take a lot of human resources when UI is involved.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Further problem for me:
I have some mails which are not diplayed at all.
When I try to open them they are empty and in the list-view they are marked with "No Preview"
Do they contain only inline images ? (for example 'dragged' images using outlook), or something else not common ? if nothing personal you can FWD them to me using a client that displays them properly: vdvtest100 at gmail dot com.

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I've forwarded you one of them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Fingerterm seems to become buggy when you leave it open for several hours:

- Once; "top" was showing but the terminal ended up frozen, I had to close it.

- Another time, the gesture-based scrolling stopped working as it normally does (had to select the scroll mode), no command was running as in previous example, just a few comands entered that do not leave the terminal in a busy state as "top" does; however the commands worked normally.

- And just now, after several hours idle, the devel-su password stopped being recognized. I typed it 5 times, very carefully, so I'm pretty sure I typed it correctly at least once. I closed Fingerterm and reopened it, typed devel-su, then the same password, and it worked directly.

n = 3, and different patterns, so it's difficult to conclude. Anyone has observed similar behaviors when using it after several hours opened as a cover?

Last edited by Kabouik; 2013-12-19 at 13:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Developing is not the only thing to it, if you're developing software professionally. Think of UI design, implementation, code review, localization, testing, etc. Even a small feature can take a lot of human resources when UI is involved.
I never said it was a 30 minute job, but adding UI support for what is a fairly trivial option isn't likely to tax even the most inexperienced of Jolla developers. Jolla have the process in place to change their system which is under development, incorporating this kind of change is not a big deal given it's what they are set up to do.

Let's have some perspective, it's not as if I suggested that adding encrypted email that couldn't be read by the NSA was "a piece of cake" - this is one freaking option to control the sound of a beep!

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post: