Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Changed the ApplicationShortcutBackground to this...
Attached Images

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Originally Posted by sting04 View Post
Its great!! Only thing is that I think that the Menu (top right) and the close icons are a bit out of sync with the rest of the icons. Thanks
This is by purpose.. i wanted something that didn't look as the other themes. I might make more later which could easily be changed by a script.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
It looks great. I've spent a fair while customising my phone to be my own custom theme so i'm always loathe to install others, but would you upload the icon pack so those of us who want the icons but our existing themes can have the best of both?

Also, if the 'K' icon is Kasvopas, any chance of changing that to the standard facebook-style 'F'?

Ok i saved my own 'theme' is theme customiser so i could install this without losing my own work.

Found the awoken iconset in the repos, although a few are missing (macuco, kasvopus, twimgo, panorama, recaller, if anyone has any that could work?)

(any chance of increasing the wallpaper number too? Seeing as a lot of people have more than 4 desktops and reusing say, image 1 on desktop 5 ruins the loop effect)

Edit: i assume you'll include the awoken icon pack when you put the theme into the repos? If so, you might want to make a few changes. I noticed that all the default apps have the icons changed, which is good, but some popular ones also have them changed (leadpad, kmplayer, hermes, geeps, healthcheck etc) but other popular ones don't (angry birds, easypark, stellarium, showtime, tweakflash, travelapp, and the ones mentioned in the above paragraph (oddly, in documents to go, word and excel are changed but the other one isn't?!)). If you intend on releasing the theme with the icon pack (which i think would be a good idea) it'd be very well received if you changed the above icons, because a lot of them are popular, widely used apps and most people install a theme/icon set so they don't have to change it themselves, and many may find it harder to actually edit icons to match others than they would to just download fresh icons.

Just my 2 cents

And to be more positive, here's my main homescreen as it stands with this theme
Attached Images

Last edited by richwhite; 2011-03-24 at 02:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
It looks great. I've spent a fair while customising my phone to be my own custom theme so i'm always loathe to install others, but would you upload the icon pack so those of us who want the icons but our existing themes can have the best of both?

Also, if the 'K' icon is Kasvopas, any chance of changing that to the standard facebook-style 'F'?
Yes, that is kasvopus.. might change it.. but the icon-theme already have a couple of "F's".

Ahh.. you found my icon-theme. You could find more about it here. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...249#post971249. Most of those icons you suggested are already done. But they are in extras-devel right now.

I will add more backgrounds later.. right now i am focused to get all the standard working.

Thanks a lot of your feedback!

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2011-03-24 at 03:04.

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Yes, that is kasvopus.. might change it.. but the icon-theme already have a couple of "F's".

Ahh.. you found my icon-theme. You could find more about it here. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...249#post971249. Most of those icons you suggested are already done. But they are in extras-devel right now.

I will add more backgrounds later.. right now i am focused to get all the standard working.

Thanks a lot of your feedback!
Ah ok i installed the older one then.

Where are the F's in the theme?

Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
Ah ok i installed the older one then.

Where are the F's in the theme?
I don't remember all the names but there are more than one facebook app. So it could get difficult to distinguish them. Thats why Kasvopus has a K instead of F.

I don't remember all the names but there are more than one facebook app. So it could get difficult to distinguish them. Thats why Kasvopus has a K instead of F.
makes sense.

found my main issue with the theme though: every theme image shows up in the gallery. this is annoying and many people won't like it, can you put them in a hidden folder like other themes?

Changed the ApplicationShortcutBackground to this...
Oh yes indeedy. Thats more to my liking. Combined with the nice purple backing I have on selects etc now (thanks for the tip on the png file) I believe I have found my theme+iconset for life.

Just one question - where do I get the new version with the updated theme background?
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Oh yes indeedy. Thats more to my liking. Combined with the nice purple backing I have on selects etc now (thanks for the tip on the png file) I believe I have found my theme+iconset for life.

Just one question - where do I get the new version with the updated theme background?
Soon.. i am currently trying to cleans some bugs out before i let go of a new version. Give me a couple of hours...

edit: you wouldn't mind giving a screenie on that purple haze?