Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Frankly, I am now quite happy with n900 with CSSU updates, UI is absolutely fantastic and looks of the screens were better anyways

If the newer model from Nokia had the following L
- Voice dialling
- physical button to take and end the calls.
- dont care about voice activated navigation on maps but if it is made available it would be cool
- Lighter in weight
- more battery charge
- More CPU and RAM
- Capacitive or resistive but pinch and zoom in out would be great
- FM Transmitter should stay
- Bigger screen size 4" - 4.5 "
- A USB that is rock solid
- Keep the FM Transmitter

thats it.

Last edited by vivmak; 2011-06-04 at 22:33. Reason: Added some more features that others would like to see

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
As long as the new model doesn't have a USB port that falls off and has a better battery i'd buy it, even if it has the same old hardware

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JadeH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by JadeH View Post
As long as the new model doesn't have a USB port that falls off and has a better battery i'd buy it, even if it has the same old hardware
I would have to add plus a capacitive screen. I think it's the great missing hardware on the N900.

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
I would have to add plus a capacitive screen. I think it's the great missing hardware on the N900.

thats more of a matter of preference, personally I can't stand them, I use now and again and its diabolically bad for me.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
I totally agree that capacitive vs. resistive is preference. However, I'd like to have multi-touch capabilities.

P.S. I like resistive cuz it actually registers my touch properly, unlike capacitive which likes to go "is that a swipe or a tap? oh btw, I'm not actually sure if you touched me or not"... probably cuz I have cooler and smaller fingers?

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
thats more of a matter of preference, personally I can't stand them, I use now and again and its diabolically bad for me.
Same here - for me N900 screen is much more responsive than the one on N8 for example.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by ikirk View Post
Same here - for me N900 screen is much more responsive than the one on N8 for example.
Thanks for posting the thread - we get this request all the time.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong but the Maemo 5 UI is much better suited to a resistive screen because capacitive is less accurate.

Last edited by SD69; 2011-06-03 at 14:46.

I just would like a bigger screen, from a minimum of 4.2" to a tab-like 7". The best imho is the Dell Streak if it would be running correctly Maemo or Meego.

Cpu and Ram may also be better but that does not bother me like the small display.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
I'd like a N800/N810 with a big battery, N900 internals and PR1.3. I wouldn't mind if the GSM modem was removed to put in a bigger battery. I just want a jumbo sized Maemo device.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Now I would give 500€ for the following device

N810 look or E7 look with qwerty without dpad,
resistive screen without bezel (gaming controls outside the screen like the xpressmusic button - can be used to answer - decline calls )
full kickstand.
5" inch screen 720p
32gb emmc
usb otg
2 μSD slots
compass
Maemo 5
1.2Ghz 512Ram
all other N900 features

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:

Tags
dream on, i want a pony