To be clear – if there's any confusion about it (which wouldn't be surprising) – the email talking about Sailfish 2.0 is referring to 1.1.9.28. Because the latest release, 1.1.9.28, "updates your Jolla phone with the new and refreshed Sailfish OS 2.0 user interface". Never mind that the OS version is still 1.x.

The next OS upgrade will include further improvements to the Sailfish OS user experience, and it will complete the transition to Sailfish OS 2.0. At that point the software version numbering will also jump to 2.0.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
And asking for confirmation on battery observation.
I use 2 Jollas, one only for private calls (~5 daily), screen almost always switched off, wifi/bt off.
On 1.1.7.x it lastet max. 4days, now with unchanged usage pattern i charged it twice since 1.1.9. early adopters update of that device 9 days ago, and still power left. (Battery log activated on second charge, out of interest to confirm 5 days first charge duration)

EDIT, battery is a new polarcell replacement
In my case battery usage has gone up and down quite a lot between the releases. 1.1.9 does not look worse than 1.1.7, but perhaps only a bit better. And 1.1.7 was OK from my point of view.

Screenshot from battery log attached for comparison. Wifi & 4G always on, BT disabled, quite light usage during the day and not that many applications active and using network in background (WhatsApp most likely the only one). For some reason I don't see any standby time in the battery log, as can be seen in yours.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JiiHoo For This Useful Post:
nexus 5x ordered, hopefully sailfish isnt too terrible to port

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Just a heads up for those who would like to go back to Sailfish UI 1.0 in the future:

If you have any problems with your Jolla and are thinking about sending it for a (warranty) repair, you better do it now.

When you send it to Jolla Care they usually flash it with the latest software release, so you cannot restore to any earlier version. That's why I asked them if they could load 1.1.7.x instead of 1.1.9.x and they said they usually cannot fulfill this wish, but as version 1.1.9.x is only a preview release of Sailfish UI 2.0, they can ask their contractor to load 1.1.7.x instead (they do not promise there won't be any mix up on the contractor side, but they will try to make it clear to them).

But this will only be possible until the next release (Sailfish 2.0.x.x) comes out, as it will be the only supported version and by flashing the latest version, they have to make sure the issues you have with your phone are not system-related. So hurry up, or don't send it there at all.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Just a heads up for those who would like to go back to Sailfish UI 1.0 in the future:

If you have any problems with your Jolla and are thinking about sending it for a (warranty) repair, you better do it now.

When you send it to Jolla Care they usually flash it with the latest software release, so you cannot restore to any earlier version. That's why I asked them if they could load 1.1.7.x instead of 1.1.9.x and they said they usually cannot fulfill this wish, but as version 1.1.9.x is only a preview release of Sailfish UI 2.0, they can ask their contractor to load 1.1.7.x instead (they do not promise there won't be any mix up on the contractor side, but they will try to make it clear to them).

But this will only be possible until the next release (Sailfish 2.0.x.x) comes out, as it will be the only supported version and by flashing the latest version, they have to make sure the issues you have with your phone are not system-related. So hurry up, or don't send it there at all.
Bullsh*t, you can always DD the flash to 1.0

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
I have some strange behaviours with apps like whatsapp and weather, after this update i need to close and open the app for receive whatsapp messages sometimes.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by strobovalo View Post
I have some strange behaviours with apps like whatsapp and weather, after this update i need to close and open the app for receive whatsapp messages sometimes.
You need to enable the background process within the "System settings > Apps > WhatsApp"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Bullsh*t, you can always DD the flash to 1.0
I hope you can (haven't tried it myself), but:
  • you need to have the image first (but thanks for reminding me, I will definitely make one before sending it in)
  • pressing 'Reset' in the Settings is much easier (I can imagine that not everyone can handle dd or command line for that matter)
  • what I'm suggesting is the officially supported method. Seeing how many people think it is a good idea to remove battery while the OS is upgrading just because they are tired of waiting - and then they are surprised that their phone doesn't work, I would definitely not fiddle with the backup partition if I were them and I would not accept the broken phone for a warranty repair if I were Jolla

So yeah, dd is good as the last resort, but my post was targeted at those people who need to send their Jolla for repair anyways and they do not want to end up with 1.1.9.28 flashed on their phone.

EDIT: Reading your reply again, you probably didn't get the point of my post I was talking only about warranty repairs and that the favor of them not flashing Sailfish 2.0 will be available only until the next release comes out. And that still stands.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
You need to enable the background process within the "System settings > Apps > WhatsApp"
I see the notifications when works but i dont receive messages until close/open the app.

Originally Posted by strobovalo View Post
I see the notifications when works but i dont receive messages until close/open the app.
So did you enable the services? It does partially work without enabling it but for proper operation they need to be enabled

Are you using wifi, there has been some issues with Whatsapp on wifi.

The Following User Says Thank You to TemeV For This Useful Post: