Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
If I wouldnt have already one per-day, one testing and one drawer device, this would be mine immediately.

I cannot understand why it seems it is still available (same applies
to frost's offer)
Is there that less interest in N900s out there?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Waited out for all "yes, yes, I'll take it next week, when I get some cash" good lads, but dreamers - it is still for sale. Waiting for new owner, still with the "new device" smell, inside the box.

I should add the info: No "Dreamers" and "Tire Kickers" at first place. All info in first post still actual.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Australia
Got a few left? i'm interested

The Following User Says Thank You to Aphexz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Aphexz View Post
Got a few left? i'm interested
All info from 1st post is valid and up to date, if You need more info please send PM or post here. I'll respond asap. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Is there that less interest in N900s out there?
No, it's rather about being ridicolously overpriced, as per current standards Considering, that you can get a mint condition used one for less than 100$, (or battered externals one for 50$, and replace it's body to get a mint one), the "new" ones for twice/triple as much aren't very interesting.

After all, being "new, just gathered dust" doesn't offer anything special. It would look different for new, with guaranty - it means that if it fails, Nokai give you something you can sell, and buy 2 or 3 used N900's (and remain with cach in pocket, event after). But "just" new? Blah.

/Estel

// Edit

Good luck to seller, nevertheless
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
No, it's rather about being ridicolously overpriced, as per current standards Considering, that you can get a mint condition used one for less than 100$, (or battered externals one for 50$, and replace it's body to get a mint one), the "new" ones for twice/triple as much aren't very interesting.

After all, being "new, just gathered dust" doesn't offer anything special. It would look different for new, with guaranty - it means that if it fails, Nokai give you something you can sell, and buy 2 or 3 used N900's (and remain with cach in pocket, event after). But "just" new? Blah.

/Estel

// Edit

Good luck to seller, nevertheless
Buing a used "in great condition" means that someone was USING it:

- charging (one will care for mUSB port, another won't give s - and You might be the third one who will end with mUSB in one hand and device in other hand).

- tapping the digitalizer (I had one N900 before that was in great/mint outside condition, but mUSB was reinforced and only the talk time was 300+ hours, the screen was dead after couple months)

- and so on, with overclocking to highest possible levels - which have big impact on how long the mighty N900 will serve You (as a next owner)

My point is, of course You can buy used / refurbished / "china new" device, but the question is how long You will use it before changing parts which means CASH, then the parts can be poor quality - CASH. Or it can just die - CASH.

Here You have N900 with few minutes on talk time, and few hours of running IN TOTAL.

There have to be someone who have to look for 50 bucks nearly dead crap, 100 $ good / mint condition ones with second life in new panels and high mileage insaide, and so on.

P.S. Cheers mate, good luck.

@Estel, I don't think that's an entirely fair thing to say, The price is definately at the upper end of the scale but it is not an unreasonable one all things considered.

As previous posters have said, it's a unique opportunity. etc etc

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to independent For This Useful Post:
I don't suppose you'd be willing to ship to the US?

I would have sent a PM but it doesn't seem to be activated for my account yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to valleyw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by valleyw View Post
I don't suppose you'd be willing to ship to the US?

I would have sent a PM but it doesn't seem to be activated for my account yet.
Well, curently it's reserved and if everything will go along with the plan, the mighty device will have new owner by the end of next week.

Originally Posted by independent View Post
As previous posters have said, it's a unique opportunity. etc etc
As for price value for similar products on market, it's indeed in (upper) range of available offers. As for merit value, it's ridiculous - I've seen "brand new OMG whatsnot" N900's losing their USB port after 6 days of light usage, and, OTOH, battered ones having it super-strong without modifications, after almost 4 years of being (ab)used*. Same apply for digitizers, BTW.

iPhone's also cost much in market, which doesn't mean they're worth it, at least for certain target of tech-related people. I suspect that TMO ratio of people being tech-aware / marketing-tricks susceptible is quite high, which explains why such *ekhm* unique opportunity *ekhm* isn't sold, yet.

Summing it up - from practical point of view, I don't think it's worth half the money requested. Still, i'm pretty sure, that he will find buyer shortly, and even more, wish him too - if there is someone willing to sell, and someone willing to buy (without any scam involved), everything is all right and cheerish to me.

/Estel

*As for usb ports, I recommend reinforcing it via soldering method on first day, no matter if device is brand new fresh mint, or battered prototype
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, sold n900