Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
This requires 30-40MB space on / and being able to use dpkg and apt .

Changes:
- Set title and icon
- Display icon in task switcher
- Made menu key the pause button
- Use Enter/Escape to answer yes/no to questions
- You will be asked if you want to install data files to memory card (thanks, as always, to mikkov)
- Accepts no name as highscore

Flaws:
- No sound (well, I enabled ogg sound but it makes the tablet rather slow so I've kept it disabled.)
- Slow loading time at startup
- The size of the dependencies!

But -- when in a game -- the speed is perfectly fine.

Debs:
frozen-bubble_2.2.0-1maemo1_armel.deb
frozen-bubble-data_2.2.0-1maemo1_all.deb (20MB but data files are installed to mmc2)
libsdl-perl_1.20.3maemo1_armel.deb

Source package:
source.tar
(It's got Frozen Bubble and sdlperl bindings source, with my modifications inside tarball as *.dsc, *.diff.gz and *.orig.gz)

Dependencies:
perl
perl-modules (20MB!)
libsdl-net1.2
libsdl-pango1
libsdl-gfx1.2
libsdl-ttf2.0
libvorbisidec1

If you want to change the options it is started with; then edit /usr/share/dbus-1/services/frozen.service

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-05-31 at 09:07.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Cincy,Ohio
Ugly? No not at all. You finally did what I was dreaming of trying. Nice work and thanks!

OS 2007HE

The Following User Says Thank You to trin20t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Thanks! Any plans for a Fremantle extras-devel build?

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Thanks! Any plans for a Fremantle extras-devel build?
Not initially (I was surprised how I actually managed to coerce it into running on my N800 ) but, now that you mention it, the next device with its higher space and RAM would be a perfect target come think of it.

It's a shame that the libsdlmixer in Fremantle does not appear to support OGG, as in Diablo, (legalities?) but I guess the sounds could be converted into a different format.

I'm hoping that VMWare allows me to run the Beta Fremantle GUI with sufficient speed; or it'll be time to play around with my partitions again.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-06-01 at 06:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
I'm hoping that VMWare allows me to run the Beta Fremantle GUI with sufficient speed; or it'll be time to play around with my partitions again.
FYI, you can install the SDK from tarballs (-s option) to any path as long as it ends in "/scratchbox".

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
FYI, you can install the SDK from tarballs (-s option) to any path as long as it ends in "/scratchbox".
Thanks, but I'm using Ubuntu and I can use apt to install sanely on that. I have had the Alpha Fremantle SDK installed after a Diablo SDK install and had it working fine; I'll have to dig up that snippet in the #maemo logs.

does this have any advantages over installing this in easy-debian from the debian repository and running it with debbie?