The alarm/sync functionality is critical, so I don't consider such details much before this is done :-) But mostly I just need rather basic PIM functionality.

I think some advanced TODO lists with even some kind of project management functionality could be interesting, but such stuff would need to be customized for the user's (or organization's) needs. This is one reason why there could be a plethora of different PIMs, though. It would be nice if you could just replace a module in otherwise ok PIM suite, like GPE, with an alternative, more context-suitable and advanced solution.

do any of the pims out there allow for importing from outlook or ical?

Originally Posted by cantona
do any of the pims out there allow for importing from outlook or ical?
GPE imports ical quite OK...

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
I would be quite happy with DejaPim *if* it would sync with Outlook (at least the first time). I know that you have to pay for that and that's not good, but you have a 15 days free trial, but even after having been just installed, I get a "Cannot connect. Try again later" or so, message.

Ah, before you ask me, yes I disabled my firewall.

GPE will not be useful unless an alarm managing is implemented (do not talk about loudspeaker, but at least a window, just as Deja or Jpilot do)

Jpilot gives alarms in its own window, and it is not fully hildonized yet.

My dream (I crashed my TH55 and that's why I bought the 770) is a Palm like PIM (a non-plu-ultra would be Clie Organizer )