Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
I dont have account for the CSipSimple and i dont want to make one, but i try it and it seems to work and runing smooth
At least it installs. If microphones would work we have a winner and the Jolla is SIP equivalent to the android phones for that matter

No popup screen asking for rights assignment?

If so the Jolla application rights management is more obscure than the Android one where you still get an overview of the rights the application will take as soon as you proceed installation.

We all know how happy grabbing these Android apps can prove. How to control them?

I wonder how LBE Security master would behave on Jolla.

PS: Thanks for trying to install, appreciate it.
you don't use SIP to call landlines or mobile phones abroad? CSipSimple account is of course any or multiple commercial SIP Service, like the typical Betamax based Nonoh.net, Megavoip.com, 12Voip.com or other.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Hello, I'm curious whether it can play hls streams out of the box.

In other words can you enter an url to a m3u8 file somewhere (mediaplayer, browser, wherever) and it starts playing.

Here's a test stream:
http://devimages.apple.com/iphone/sa...bipbopall.m3u8
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
All of us bought the phone knowing a lot less than when we buy a iOS, Android, WP etc device.
You mean it because Apple didn't do that with LTE/4G, right? Oh, wait, Apple did actually release products that were 4G but didn't work because some loophole somewhere. I'm sure some Android installer did the same.

I don't work for Jolla or anything, but I disagree that this is pure dishonesty. Just cancel your order/return the device, get a Nexus 5 (although I haven't read anywhere that it works ok with LTE/4G). Dishonesty is when they sell you a low quality laptop for example, they don't allow you to return it and the support is rubbish. Does this sound familiar?

Alternatively, open a case with Jolla and get them to give you an estimate of when you'll get LTE, since you are already a customer.

Now, can we get back to reviews of the phone since we know that 4G/LTE doesn't work [for now] or just open a new thread to complain about it?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
We all know how happy grabbing these Android apps can prove. How to control them?

I wonder how LBE Security master would behave on Jolla.
Marc said that it would be sandboxed when asked about security, whatever that means. Not sure what happens when google wants to go for your contacts for instance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
What is the output of

Code:
lspci -k
Thank you!
Barnabas Collins

The Following User Says Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
I hope they fix 4G probleme soon
It was second adavantage after sailfish to me
Getting a bit stressed

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mece View Post
Hello, I'm curious whether it can play hls streams out of the box.

In other words can you enter an url to a m3u8 file somewhere (mediaplayer, browser, wherever) and it starts playing.

Here's a test stream:
http://devimages.apple.com/iphone/sa...bipbopall.m3u8
Browser just downloaded it. I coudn't find a way to give an URL to the Media app.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
We aim for monthly. Whether or not we can pull it off, let's see. I'm cautiously optimistic.
It'd be truly epic if you can manage a "release early & release often" SDLC & stick to it...
If you're able to do it in such a way that's still relatively user-friendly, it'll send tiny Jolla backwashes* throughout the industry.

*makes more sense than "shock-waves" in the metaphor I'm picturing

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-11-28 at 16:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by inffy View Post
Great

If you can test the multipöe calendar sync (under one exchange account) would br greatly appreciated!
Haven't read through the whole thread yet, but in case no-one answered this. I created other calendar under same account in mail system, and both original and the test one were synced to the phone with their respective calendar names and meetings.

Note that the system I tested with was Zimbra Network Edition (that supports active sync), and not a native Exchange. Mileage may vary with Exchange systems. But at least the client does seem to support multiple calendars with one account.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
No popup screen asking for rights assignment?

PS: Thanks for trying to install, appreciate it.
you don't use SIP to call landlines or mobile phones abroad? CSipSimple account is of course any or multiple commercial SIP Service, like the typical Betamax based Nonoh.net, Megavoip.com, 12Voip.com or other.
No any popups . Sailfish installing every android software in 1-2s very fast!

You're welcome!

When i try to use android flashlight app it say: "error camera not found", so i can't tell you yet, if it has the acces to the Sailfish HW..

If i try to open some file in text edit with a file manager, it try to open it with the Sailfish Documents writer app (empty page)..hmm.. so, can't edit android files... for now.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience