Posts: 5 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by Egocentrix1 View Post
Ok, so now it gets interesting...

I am in a group chat with four other people. Two of them say they can't send any messages to the group. They are both using Windows Pokédex.
The other two claim they can send messages, but I don't receive any, the rest does.
I can send and receive private messages with the WP users, but not iPhone.

Not sure what is happening here. It works fine for the rest of you?
I'm having the same problem, no idea what's happening.
A few versions back groups worked and privates didn't, now it's inverted.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Netherlands
Apparently I have broken several group chats and averyone hates me now :P

After unlinking my account everything works again. Now running Bluestacks to keep in touch

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Durham, UK
I'm having issues too (I'm assuming it's encryption related) but it's irrelevant whether the chat is in a group or not. All but one of the people I with are on iPhone and I can send to them all but only receive from a select few.

If I believed in conspiracies I'd say WhatsApp were messing with our heads :-D

Apparently I have broken several group chats and averyone hates me now :P

After unlinking my account everything works again. Now running Bluestacks to keep in touch
I tried totally deleting my account but it made no difference

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Netherlands
I meant that after unlinking my account from Whatsup and linking it to Whatsapp in BlueStacks on my pc, the chats work again for other people. Messages were just getting lost and undelivered between other users because I was in the group. For me it still does not work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Egocentrix1 For This Useful Post:
The WhatsUp on Jolla thread is having the same conversation and someone posted this link http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1284

I meant that after unlinking my account from Whatsup and linking it to Whatsapp in BlueStacks on my pc, the chats work again for other people. Messages were just getting lost and undelivered between other users because I was in the group. For me it still does not work.
Interesting, I never reached this level, just not displaying other people messages (using yappari)

Anyway work-around linked in above post, worked for several users using yappari and wu jolla, so it should work on harmattan, too (I hope so, I got brand new -used- N9 to play with )

Will have to check the Jolla link, but since yesterday evening I am also not receiving messages in some groups!

I also noticed that messages sent to me, in private chats, while I am offline, show the wrong timestamp when I receive them (the time of then they are delivered, not the time they have been sent). Quite annoying, since a message sent late in the evening appears as a fresh message on the next morning

Multi-message-send workaround worked for me this morning on the one iPhone I tried.

Just wonder if the senders are aware of / informed that their encrypted messages don't reach the destination? such as one tick?

The Following User Says Thank You to herrickmky For This Useful Post:

Tags
cepi rocks, cepiperez, harmattan, whatsapp, whatsup