Notices

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
hello guys, i was just wondering if i can make the applications icons bigger in my home screen ?? is that possible in any way ??? lets say 2-3 times bigger ???

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
I don't think it is possible.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
hello guys, i was just wondering if i can make the applications icons bigger in my home screen ?? is that possible in any way ??? lets say 2-3 times bigger ???
Take a look here. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=36

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Take a look here. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=36
very nice, but i want to make them bigger not smaller .

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
I wanted to do this a while back... but it seems there's a limitation on the icon size. You can't have bigger than 64x64 icons for apps on the desktop. The background icons can be bigger though.

Change the "62" to something bigger in "sudo gconftool -s /apps/osso/hildon-home/task-shortcuts-size -t int 62"

I think the stock size is 96 pixels so 192 would make them double the size you have now.

Originally Posted by navsin View Post
I wanted to do this a while back... but it seems there's a limitation on the icon size. You can't have bigger than 64x64 icons for apps on the desktop. The background icons can be bigger though.
The icons is just .png files so making them bigger with Imagemagick should not be a problem. Just change the command mogrify to a icon size suitable for 192 pixels.