Poll: What advanced text entry method(s) would you like to see on Sailfish?
Poll Options
What advanced text entry method(s) would you like to see on Sailfish?

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
I might add that using this program still kills me patience wise... Often getting random capitals on first letters of words, nit instead of not and other issues...
Such a pity it's not up to the N9 standard but better than manually typing each l e t t e r...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skyjumper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Paris / France
Originally Posted by skyjumper View Post
Such a pity it's not up to the N9 standard but better than manually typing each l e t t e r...
I agree it is nowhere as good as commercial equivalents (yet?). This is why I am not investing any time on cosmetic bugs or features (e.g. the 1 year old transparency bug) and only try to reduce error rate (which is really killing the user experience).

BTW if you build & distribute RPMs please clearly label them as "unofficial", or give proper support contact information, because I do not like receiving complaints on releases I did not issue
There is no stable branch, so if you pull a random git revision you will end up with unfinished or completely broken stuff, although there is probably no risk of bricking your device (just uninstall the package if something goes wrong).
Also do not disable error messages, because it will not make the underlying problem disappear. If the keyboard complains about language file version just rebuild them with the tools from the same git revision (or you may get reduced accuracy).

If everything goes well, I will try to make a stable release before the end of the year (I should have said "soon"!)

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to eber42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Dec 2015 @ Spain
Hi guys.

I'm trying to update the Spanish dictionary for newest versions of okboard, but after start the process, it says:

Code:
set -o pipefail ; lbzip2 -d < es-learn.txt.bz2 | /home/ferlanero/okb-engine-master/db/../tools/import_corpus.py es-full.dict | sort -rn | lbzip2 -9 > grams-es-full.csv.bz2.tmp
/bin/sh: 1: set: Illegal option -o pipefail
/home/ferlanero/okb-engine-master/db/makefile:49: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'grams-es-full.csv.bz2'
make: *** [grams-es-full.csv.bz2] Error 2
Can you help me with this error, please?

I'm on Ubuntu 16.04

Thanks in advance.

[EDIT]
It seems that if I remove all the sentences "set -o pipefail" from /okb-engine-master/db/makefile process runs as expected. Is it possible?

Last edited by ferlanero; 2016-12-08 at 02:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to ferlanero For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by eber42 View Post
Also do not disable error messages, because it will not make the underlying problem disappear. If the keyboard complains about language file version just rebuild them with the tools from the same git revision (or you may get reduced accuracy).
That didn't work, i rebuild my language files with new files from git repo. The db version was updated, but okboard still gave me the error...but since you said it is not stable....

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
That didn't work, i rebuild my language files with new files from git repo. The db version was updated, but okboard still gave me the error...but since you said it is not stable....
Hi. Could you build your language for OKBoard without troubles? Because I have constantly crazy errors using the tarball: http://git.tuxfamily.org/okboard/okb...master.tar.bz2

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
I ever had to modify one of the scripts to not use the $lang variable. Since it couldn't find the corresponding aspell files and thus created empty files, which, for sure, couldn't be processed later on in the script.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eber42 View Post
If everything goes well, I will try to make a stable release before the end of the year (I should have said "soon"!)
Really good news ever heard here!! Thank you very much!!

I released the Spanish language for OKBoard which complains the v15 database from the last OKBoard engine version: https://git.tuxfamily.org/okboard/okb-engine.git/

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ferlanero For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
doesn't work anymore after the update, Sailfish 2.0.1.1 on Nexus 5 with italian language installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:

Tags
bettertxtentry, huntnpeck sucks, okboard, sailfish, swype