maybe change the wiki to a faq page
dunno
flame if you feel like
just that the people are complaining that questions are redundant, and the wiki goes unused, almost terminaly, also going nearly unnoticed and uncared about. stick a link on the home page, and see what happens, if we still have problems, i will join the side of the angry people, just make sure you make it obvious what the question is, no tech-speak. if they're asking the question they probably wont know exactly what they're looking for, or what was the problem in the first place, just that something isnt working

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Like this?
FAQs, Problems and Solutions
Just need a few more people to add to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to technut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
May just have to get us old farts to realize wiki=FAQ
PLEASE use the Wiki

The Following User Says Thank You to gemniii42 For This Useful Post:
sorry didnt see the FAQs page, sorry about the thread, i was admitedly a little annoyed by spam that clogged up anything useful, and i ended up doing it myself
by the way, the FAQs page is great, just needs a little work as you said, sorry about being redundant
i just wanted the FAQ page to be more obvious though, not as, um, i guess obscure....
well
sorry either way
great page, again, just want it to be more obvious
i dunno, its just that in forums i've been in before, the veterans always seem to wage war on, well everyone that isn't pro, or doesnt know the rules, and i really like this forum, its such a small strong comunity.
anyways, sorry

The Following User Says Thank You to asqwasqw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
No problem. I'm one of those that has a problem with newbies not thinking twice before posting, and I'm willing to participate in anything that might help.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Everytime I think twice, I get this eerie feeling of deja vu.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Lake Wobegon, Minnesota
Originally Posted by technut View Post
Like this?
FAQs, Problems and Solutions
Just need a few more people to add to it.
Thanks for posting this. A lot of us are completely new to this operating system, using an IT and forums. Using the search options here and via google can make one dizzy. A little patience goes a long way. BTW, enjoyed your rant page! As I find my way around I hope my questions are not repetitive and piss people off.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I wouldn't say I'm "angry" per se, but I do kinda miss the days where there were an abundance of posts involving tinkering with the tablets and pushing them to do things we didn't think about necessarily. (The latest was the Frodo C64 emulator, awesome!)

Maybe the crusty people who've been around for years here should just link back to the wiki every time a question contained within it is asked. Then the next time, the asker might be more inclined to actually look there. (Personally I don't even know what's in there, it's well documented that I know it all. At least that's what people say whenever I open my mouth... wait, that's not endearing, is it?)