Notices

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Sad news

I'm anticipating that the pebble store will shut down, what are the chances of pointing the app at an archive? There are plenty of open source watch faces that will still be usable, but without an easy way to install them it will become a pain.

Similarly, I wonder if there is a way to configure settings for apps and watch faces by serving the settings pages locally instead of loading the pages over the internet? I expect a lot of the websites hosting settings pages will start to disappear too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
On the Telegram chat room, I heard someone say that there was an intention to reduce Pebble's dependency on cloud services, so that the community could eventually take it over. I'm not sure why they'd do that though, other than to be nice to us.

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
I was going to quit due to pebble refusing to RMA my blown PTR. But in the end I just bought another PTS so will try to finish what I have on my todo.
If you paid using a credit card, you could be able to claim off them for the PTR. And also maybe if paid for via PayPal, it's certainly worth an inquiry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
yes, payed with master CC, but no idea where to start If I payed with my amex - there's clear warranty and dispute process, but normal bank cards is a bit a problem to start - mostly due to stupid bank's personnel

The Following User Says Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Sad news

I'm anticipating that the pebble store will shut down
We can easily repoint rockpool to any other appstore, even to spin off our own. The problem of course is development lifecycle. Also our group is tiny part of the whole pebble community, so better to look at the direction of the mainstream.
Only if they will be totally helpless - as last resort I may write simple crawler and pull all apps from apstore making some stub replacement.
Anyway it's not for a long, new HW is not produced, so as soon as all hw pieces die - there will be no need in such stub/replacement.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Connected my new PTS and discovered that a) SendText app is not working (not showing at all) b) Weather app does not recognise pushed data (even though forecast pins are properly laid out) *sigh*. Seems flags are different on each platform, despite what libpebble2 claims. Need to dust my old android again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
How does the timeline window work? I have it at the default of 2 days before and 7 days in the future. I see calendar events for the next day or so, but not the full 7 days. Am i doing something wrong?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Something interesting, if you didn't see it already:
http://rebble.io/

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Ahoi,

Thank you for your amazing work.
This week I got a pebble time and it works great with my jolla C.
The only problem that I have is setting up the location for the weather app.
I tried this commands:
gdbus call -e -d org.rockwork -o /org/rockwork/B0_B4_48_B7_3C_FE -m org.rockwork.Pebble.SetWeatherLocations "[<['Berlin','52.504027','13.332557']>]"
gdbus call -e -d org.rockwork -o /org/rockwork/B0_B4_48_B7_3C_FE -m org.rockwork.Pebble.setWeatherAltKey 123456789abcdef0

But after that, when I launch the APP it says that there is no location. When I open the setup the Altkey is set but there is no location. If I try to set it manually I got two entrys
- Current Location 0 0
- Berlin 52.504027 13.332557
Then I click on Ok. But the app still says that there is no location. If I reenter in the setup there is again no location.

Any Ideas?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dispachers For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Hello
I have just switched to a Pebble time (from the first Pebble edition) and it works great, apart from one app.
It may be related to the previous tmo message but inside rockpool, if I select 'weather - parameters' to add location (I guess), the daemon apparently crashes and restarts. I did not take time yet to look at any log output... but before I have time for that, I wanted to share this ;-)

Tags
pebble, smartwatch