Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Then why is not worked on my side? how many GB in ur sd card? what brand sd card? from what sailfish version are using ext4?. you did some hack?
Other user here using ext4 in xperia x?
It's a 32GB card, cannot even remember the make. Probably a SanDisk or somesuch cheapie ubiquous card.
I did no magic tricks, just stuck the chip in the device. I think I formatted it as ext4 years ago on my Jolla sbj1 device.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It's a 32GB card, cannot even remember the make. Probably a SanDisk or somesuch cheapie ubiquous card.
I did no magic tricks, just stuck the chip in the device. I think I formatted it as ext4 years ago on my Jolla sbj1 device.
yeah I heared is working under 32GB mine sd card is 64GB.

Last edited by karlos devel; 2018-07-10 at 19:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
yeah I heared is working under 32GB mine sd card is 64GB.
The card size should not matter a bit, if you can get it working with some filesystem (exfat?) it just has to work with others too.
Do you get any funny loggings to dmesg or journal when you try to access your card?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
I know the size not matter ither the brand. I will investigate I little bit more on it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
The master of Files-Systems @olf can you too confirm this?
To live up to my reputation, I have to admit that I have no idea, because the original issue reported was about the SFOS UI:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
[...]
-SD card 32GB format to EXT4 in device menu does not work
[...]
But ext4 is supported in the kernel of all SFOS devices (see cat /proc/filesystems).
Hence my guide applies to SD-cards on the Xperia X, too.

Mind that the device driver for the SD-card controller in kernel 3.10 (currently used as of SFOS 2.2.0) for the Xperia X ("loire") seems to cause issues with some SD-cards (there are a couple of threads on TJC about that).

Last edited by olf; 2018-07-10 at 23:27.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
ext4 only work in usb host, but not work inserted the sd card on device.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
ext4 only work in usb host, but not work inserted the sd card on device.
I am sorry I have to say I don't understand what is the meaning of the pictures, I don't know the language.
The lefthand picture shows that ext4 is in use, so what is the problem?

Did you try to format the sdcard as ext4, form the console like it should be done, "mkfs.ext4 /dev/mmcblk1p1" or similar?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
well the sd card is already formatted to ext4 with kde tools. the (left picture) show is mounted but only with usb host,but not work inserting the card on device(righthand picture). so only mount in external usb host.

Last edited by karlos devel; 2018-07-11 at 06:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Whaddya mean wake-on-doubletap does not work?
I've had XperiaX from the day it launched and it has worked on all SW versions...
of course I should have mentioned that there is a trick to make it work but not officially supported. There is a post from @spiroin (sailor) on together.jolla that explains a bit more. Personally I prefer to stick to official if I do not understand what is the problem, and I usually never understand anything

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
well the sd card is already formatted to ext4 with kde tools. the left picture show is mounted but only with usb host,but not inserting the card on device(righthand picture). so only mount in external usb host.
I do not get the problem you have with sd card. I formatted the card within SFOS and from the GUI. Ok I should probably mention that it was first not working with Xperia X (not recognized) and eventually did it with Jolla C. I do not remember all the details now. But once formatted the card is working nicely with Xperia X. EXT4 is ok as other formats, incl proprietary windows if you install additional package from openrepos...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x