Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Massive activities features on Mer-Core look like SF III will be a Jumbo-Release
Any detail on what you would expect, based on what you can see?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Thanks, @ajalkane, @ mosen, indeed that was a thing I kind of forgot to include in the details (since it is obvious to most peolple who know me by reputation )

Indeed the day that I would put Android anywhere near my devices has not materialized yet, and hopefully will not dawn soon!

My data is of a pure SFOS installation, not poisoned by the Dalvik layer.
I share that sentiment. I installed alien dalvik once, uninstalled it ten minutes later. Still felt dirty so I reflashed and spent fifteen minutes bathing in isopropyl.

Pure Sailfish, please!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
I have to agree with a lot of the sentiments on here about android, but unfortunately there are some apps I want to use that will not work without the android support, like GoPro Control. I have not installed google play(I hate google with a vengeance) and install apps after downloading the apk via an apk download util.
I am having issue tho. I have a sony xperia x which I installed sailfish on and it is updated to the latest version. The android apps seem to not be able to access the wifi or bluetooth even tho native apps work fine. The apps dont complain, just dont connect and I have tried a few apps. I have did a search but I did not get a convincing answer, I may have missed something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to datman For This Useful Post:
I wonder if it is to do with google play, these apps do say that they might not work properly or will not run without google play (or is that just a play to make you install it??).
It really peeves me that all these apps are so tied in with google play, facebook, sign in or similar, I would prefer to pay for these apps than have to sign in or use google etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I wonder if google play is the problem, or lack there of????

Thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to datman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by datman View Post
I have to agree with a lot of the sentiments on here about android, but unfortunately there are some apps I want to use that will not work without the android support, like GoPro Control. I have not installed google play(I hate google with a vengeance) and install apps after downloading the apk via an apk download util.
I am having issue tho. I have a sony xperia x which I installed sailfish on and it is updated to the latest version. The android apps seem to not be able to access the wifi or bluetooth even tho native apps work fine. The apps dont complain, just dont connect and I have tried a few apps. I have did a search but I did not get a convincing answer, I may have missed something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hmm, just by googling "gopro control github" I got tons of links to the GoPro API and open source implementations.

Don't tell me you need Android for that; just make an SFOS native version for the controller and you'll probably get lots of good karma for it

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Hmm, just by googling "gopro control github" I got tons of links to the GoPro API and open source implementations.

Don't tell me you need Android for that; just make an SFOS native version for the controller and you'll probably get lots of good karma for it
Well, sounds easy...but after trying the SDK, which didn't install on Windows 7, I found already difficult (actually I didn't manage to do it) to make the examples run on the Sailfish VM. And the official documentation is not even updated with the latest version screenshots.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by datman View Post
[...]
Android apps under AlienDalvik cannot configure WLAN or Bluetooth.

Hence any app trying to do that (e.g. WiFi analyzer) silently does nothing, when trying to.
Note, all other functions of such an app are usually not affected.

Last edited by olf; 2018-07-03 at 09:59.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
Well, sounds easy...but after trying the SDK, which didn't install on Windows 7, I found already difficult (actually I didn't manage to do it) to make the examples run on the Sailfish VM. And the official documentation is not even updated with the latest version screenshots.
You are correct there; the documentation is somewhat dated on some areas. And one has to jump between different places in documents/wiki/google to sort out some things.

About the SDK not working in windoze; cannot really help you there as I only have ever used the linux version. For me the examples and all projects that I have tried do work correctly when I have built them.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post

Hence any app trying to do that (e.g. WiFi analyzer) silently does nothing, when trying to.
Note, all other functions of such an app are not affected.
OK thanks. Will they ever be able to in the future?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to datman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post

Note, all other functions of such an app are not affected.
While they may not be able to configure WiFi, bluetooth etc, Definately they can use WiFi and cellular data.

Bluetooth i didnt test.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x