Notices

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Just a heads up:
An application called Situations was just released to the Jolla Store.

It looks like it shares its goals with Phonebot and has many features. However, it is closed source so the need for Phonebot as a open source alternative is still great!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Just a heads up:
An application called Situations was just released to the Jolla Store.

It looks like it shares its goals with Phonebot and has many features. However, it is closed source so the need for Phonebot as a open source alternative is still great!
I have seen this. Let's see what they come with.
EDIT: it looks quite good, with airplane mode etc. I guess I have to be at least at this level of standard

Last edited by Sfiet_Konstantin; 2015-01-02 at 09:59.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
I updated the pull request for the ambience action:
https://github.com/SfietKonstantin/phonebot/pull/1

I still have to send a message to developer-care or the mailing list to check a way to properly get ambience info for the UI...

On another subject, I played a bit with the input devices files:
Code:
/dev/input/by-path/platform-gpio-keys-event
/dev/input/by-path/platform-pm8xxx-pwrkey-event
/dev/input/by-path/platform-pm8xxx-vib-event
/dev/input/by-path/platform-soc-audio.0-event
/dev/input/by-path/platform-soc-audio.0-event-headset-button
From there you can get any button events, like the power and volume buttons, including the audio jack plugin in and out (to auto-start the media player for example), or the headset button.

But this may be too much low level for using it in phonebot, and there is probably something in nemo or Qt for this kind of things, even for a daemon or an app that don't have focus ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
New plugin in progress (now only working in standalone, but will integrate it in phonebot soon) :

An action that gets a weather report and puts its data as a notification.

So just create a "morning weather report" rule, to have a quick notification with min/max temperature and comment (cloudy/foggy/...) waiting for you to wake up !

See the notification in the image joined.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Added a dummy "Notification" plugin, with custom summary and body message.
Not that useful as such, but will be helpful for debugging some rules on the run (by seeing directly in events feed what's happening).

We could add some magic-keys to have replacement of some parts of the string automatically by anything to make it more useful than static text. For example an $IP keywork to be replaced by the IP address (can be used in a rule triggered when changing network)...
Let me know if you have any ideas.

I'm now working on Wifi networks detection (using QNetwork), and cell id localisation (using ofono). I made some tests and it seems to be usable. I'll try to make a trigger plugin for both during the month.

Code will be uploaded to github when possible, and proposed as a pull request.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Mansester, FI
Hi,
I'm keen to get some profile/settings automation running in my Jolla phone and as Situations is not (edit: not yet) so great at the moment (at least for me), I thought I'd give Phonebot a try but I'm having issues with installation.

I downloaded the current release from http://repo.merproject.org/obs//home...ishos/armv7hl/ and tapped phonebot-0.1.5-10.30.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm. Confirmed that it should be installed. Sailfish reports that installation was successful, but I don't see the icon in the apps screen. Also noticed using terminal that there was a
Code:
store-client install /home/nemo/Downdloads/phonebot-0.1.5-10.30.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm
started by the invoker left running in the background. Opening Store app acts as nothing has happened (don't really know if it should somehow acknowledge the installation in anyway, though).

I also tried to install via
Code:
 pkcon install-local /home/nemo/Downdloads/phonebot-0.1.5-10.30.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm
and it was successful, but still I'm not seeing the icon...
There should be an icon, right?

Last edited by zagrim; 2015-02-18 at 10:26. Reason: obviously "pkcon install-local", not "pkcon install"...

Originally Posted by zagrim View Post
I also tried to install via
Code:
 pkcon install /home/nemo/Downdloads/phonebot-0.1.5-10.30.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm
and it was successful, but still I'm not seeing the icon...
There should be an icon, right?
Yes, there should be an icon. The red eye of HAL9000 (in 2001: A space Odyssey) on a black background.
I'm not sure how to solve this package manager error. Maybe reboot to clean it from memory, then uninstall/reinstall ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Mansester, FI
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Yes, there should be an icon. The red eye of HAL9000 (in 2001: A space Odyssey) on a black background.
I'm not sure how to solve this package manager error. Maybe reboot to clean it from memory, then uninstall/reinstall ?
Unfortunately it just doesn't seem to succeed. I've retried all three methods ("install" from file manager, "pkcon install-local" and "store-client install"). "Install" from file manager as well as the pkcon method always claims success, but no app icon appears. Installing with executing store-client install in terminal acts a bit weird to me, but I don't know if it is normal... If I haven't fired up Store app after reboot, I get Account credentials need update but updating the credentials / login info via the GUI just doesn't seem to do any good, and I need to kill the store-client process. After that "store-client install" fails with Service name is already in use: "com.jolla.jollastore".

I'll give up with this for now unless someone is able to suggest something. At least I've been able to install Warehouse manually and the Store client works ok with the official content...

Tags
phonebot, task scheduler