Active Topics

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Ottawa, ON
Originally Posted by N770-Freak
another status update:

osso-music-player plays my ogg files
Ok, more precise:
I recompiled gst-plugins-bad-cvs against the gstreamer-cvs (before i used an older cvs version of the gst-plugins-bad because of a version incompatibility with the gstreamer version, but an adaption of the configure script was all i had to do) and now the osso-music-player plays my oggs with ca. 20% cpu usage!
Stupendous! I look forward to trying it out.

BUT at the moment i am not able to jump in the music stream. The player doesn't show the playtime of the ogg files... mmmh ...
I have this problem with mp3 files on my Fedora Core 4 system using Rhythmbox so it may be a deeper gstreamer issue and not something specific to your work.

Today i will do some more testing and will build a package!

Then i need someone who has some internet space where i can put
this stuff. (I don't want to upload this to rapidshare or some similar upload center)
Like neiljerram mentioned, the Maemo Garage would be the most appropriate place to host things, I would think.

Originally Posted by mwiktowy
I have this problem with mp3 files on my Fedora Core 4 system using Rhythmbox so it may be a deeper gstreamer issue and not something specific to your work.
I'm not really sure whether this is related to gstreamer or to tremor!?
Which gstreamer version are you using?
Compiling gst-plugins-bad-cvs against stable 0.10.10 doesn't solve this problem!

Originally Posted by neiljerram
How about maemo garage? You have to register and create a project, but that doesn't take too long.
Good idea! But i don't have the time at the moment to take care of a project-page. Sorry

Ok...
I've completed the package and put all stuff in it!
Now it should correctly install and (if you want so) deinstall ogg support.

*Note*
I have tested this only on my device for my personal use.
I can't give any support if this does not work on your device or breaks your device!
All work I have done was to follow the instructions on this page
http://maemo.org/platform/docs/multi...g_started.html

Known Bugs:
- playtime of ogg files isn't recognised
- jumping (reeling) in ogg files does not work

Greetings
N770-Freak
Attached Files
File Type: deb gst-ogg-vorbis_0.1.deb (320.6 KB, 821 views)

I've completed the package and put all stuff in it!
Now it should correctly install and (if you want so) deinstall ogg support.
Well it works for me. Thank you very much indeed!

A bit more precisely...

- I'm using the basic audio player for my testing.

- Installation was straightforward.

- Immediately after installation, audio player started up but refused to play a .ogg, with some error message popup. I then rebooted.

- After reboot, I tried starting audio player (from the menu). It did not appear.

- I then tried starting audio player again (exactly the same way). This time it appeared, and now plays .ogg files as advertised.

Neil

works great here too (older firmware - 1.2006.26-8) thanks

After reboot, I tried starting audio player (from the menu). It did not appear.

- I then tried starting audio player again (exactly the same way). This time it appeared, and now plays .ogg files as advertised.
Another datapoint: I tested rebooting again and then trying to start audio player, to see whether the audio-player-doesn't-start problem would happen consistently the first time after each reboot. The problem did not recur, so I guess it must be a one-off post-install problem.

- Neil

It works well. No skipping when running the browser and file manager. Excellent! Thanks!

Still missing:
1. a way to open oggs from the player ... it annoyingly hides files with ogg extentions
2. it is not reading the IDv3 tags
3. ... and like you mentioned, there is no random jumping around within songs ... it treats the ogg file like it would a network stream

One can get around 1. by making a m3u playlist manually by running 'find directory_containing_your_oggs > oggs.m3u' in a terminal.

Hopefully you can put this up on garage so that others can add to your work if you don't have the time to.

it doesn't do (1) for me. did you reboot?

Originally Posted by disq
it doesn't do (1) for me. did you reboot?
I didn't bother trying anything before I rebooted.

I was able to open oggs in the media player via double tapping them in the file manager. I also tried manually making a playlist as indicated and that worked like a charm too.

1. a way to open oggs from the player ... it annoyingly hides files with ogg extentions
This already works for me too (i.e. .oggs are not hidden). I suggest reading through the package's postinst script by hand and looking at the affected files to see if it successfully made the changes intended. It may be that you have something else in these files on your system that prevented a regexp from working ... or something.

- Neil

- After reboot, I tried starting audio player (from the menu). It did not appear.

Ok, I forgot to mention that! Until now i'm not really sure how to solve this. The postinst script restarts the osso-media-server, but it seems that this is not enough! (it's curious. sometimes i needed no restart after installing this stuff. mmmhh...)
Does someone know what services else have to be reloaded?

Still missing:
2. it is not reading the IDv3 tags
3. ... and like you mentioned, there is no random jumping around within songs ... it treats the ogg file like it would a network stream
ad 1: how did you install this package? from console or with the packagemanager (red/blue pill?)? any error messages?
(please install the package in xterm and post the install messages!)

ad 2: ok, i will try to work on that! the build in id3lib is not compatible with ogg! so enableing this feature in gconf doesn't make sense (playblack will fail!).

ad 3: i didn't expect any thing else

Hopefully you can put this up on garage so that others can add to your work if you don't have the time to.
I just have the hope (!) that nokia will release a dspsink for ogg-vorbis playing. So i don't want to spend too much work on this. I made no diffs and can't offer any adapted sources for working on this. So posting this debs on garage doesn't help you
Like i posted: all i have done is to follow the "getting started" docs!
If someone wants to compile this in scratchbox or wants to debug this thing you'll only have to follow these instructions! Perhaps if you have some problems while compiling i will try to help you.

Greetings...
N770-Freak