Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
SDK content has been updated to match Jolla Release 1.1.0.38. As the
1.1.0.38 is an opt-in release, we decided to make this version of the
SDK available only as an active download. It means you will *not* get an
update notification of this SDK version. Please see below for detailed
information of the changes.
heh, no wonder I was hitting the reload button on SDK update manager with no success, it's an opt-in-option

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
The new Sailfish SDK will be released in January 5th 2015 :
[Release notes] Software version 1.1.1.27, Vaarainjärvi.
The corresponding SDK release will be available on the 5th of January 2015. It will include the updated rpmvalidator which allows the new libraries to be used in Store as announced in the community meeting from 25th of November 2014.
Harbour testing team will start using the new rpmvalidator from 7th of January 2015 onwards (note that 6th of January 2015 is a public holiday in Finland).
[SailfishDevel] Harbour & Jolla Developer Care delays during holiday season
As mentioned in the release notes for Update 10[1], we will release the corresponding SDK on 5. Jan 2015 and Harbour testing will start using the new rpmvalidator allowing more libraries[2] 7. Jan 2015.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Hi. I have got a question. I am trying to write app that uses poppler lib to render pdf documents. If I understand correctly, first I must install poppler at sailfish build engine to be able to compile my apps with poppler at arm platform. I opened SailfishOS->Targets->Sailfish-i486 and installed poppler, poppler-glib, poppler-qt5 and poppler-utils packets. However I don't understand where I can find those packets? I searched in /usr directory at build engine ("find /usr -name "*poppler*"") with no success. So where is those installed packets?

P.S. I am new at packet system and unix platform, so I am sorry for that may be silly question

Sailfish SDK Beta "1412" announced today on SailfishDevel mailing list, it is already available in Sailfish.org site :
Hello again,

Today (January 5th) at 14:00 UTC we have published new installers and repositories of the Sailfish OS SDK.

The installers for this release of the SDK are available at http://www.sailfishos.org. If you have an older beta or alpha release of the SDK, you should see an update notification in the SailfishOS IDE.

SDK content has been updated to match Jolla Release 1.1.1.26. Please see below for detailed information of the changes.

A couple of things you should be aware of:
- As before, in this update the build engine, emulator and targets are reinstalled so you will lose all changes you may have made in those
- However, if your application packaging is done correctly, rebuilding your projects should reinstall the packages you have been using.
- Any customization done to SDK (adding new package repositories, adding custom targets, additional source paths) will be removed during the installation process so make your own backup of those before starting the update.
- If you import existing projects made with a previous version of the Sailfish OS SDK, make sure to select the correct kit in the project configuration step. Both ARM and i486 kits are available.
- Package repository contents have been updated and consequently using a previous SDK version with these package repositories is not supported.
- Supported host platforms can be found from: https://sailfishos.org/beta_qt5_sdk_release_notes.html
- For more information, please see the SDK Beta-Qt5 known issues list at: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/SDK_Beta_Qt5_Known_Issues.

SDK IDE (Qt Creator):
- Qt Creator version 3.1.2, which is the same as used in the October opt-in release
- Updated Sailfish Silica help documentation

SDK Build engine:
- Build targets refreshed to Jolla release 1.1.1.26 level
- Updated rpmvalidator, which allows the new libraries to be used in Store ( http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-m...-25-15.00.html )

Emulator:
- Emulator packages refreshed to Jolla release 1.1.1.26 level

Installer / SDK Control Center:
- Several bugfixes in the updated Installer Framework

If you have any questions, feel free to either send an email to this mailing list: mailto:devel@lists.sailfishos.org or write it up in http://together.jolla.com and tag your issue with 'sdk'.

Happy hacking,
Jolla SDK Team
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2015-01-05 at 19:56.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
So developers will have Sailfish OS updates before mainstream :
[SailfishDevel] Early access to SailfishOS releases
Tue Feb 3 14:30:23 UTC 2015
https://lists.sailfishos.org/piperma...ry/005595.html
Hi all,

From now on we'll make updates available a short time before releasing
for developers, details at together:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...shos-releases/

This is a first step towards a developer program & early feedback
gathering.

Bernd

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
I have a very newbie question about using merSDK.

I want to compile a compiler (ocalm) or something needed to compile another package. I did in the "traditional" way (make -> make install -> make clean). But then I realised that what I need is such compiler for the two different targets, so I should do it with mb2. I have never used mb2... what should i do? something like (for instance for the pc emulator i486):
mb2 -t SailfishOS-i486 build (or mb2 -t SailfishOS-i486 make?)
and then
mb2 -t SailfishOS-i486 install (or make install)
?

Is there any wiki or documentation that I can read about?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
sb2 to your different targets and make && make install here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
sb2 to your different targets and make && make install here.
What a fast answer!!

You mean something like:
mb2 -t SailfishOS-i486 make
[everything was fine and then]
mb2 -t SailfishOS-i486 make install
Dont you?

Ive never used mb2 (and it has no man page at least in sdk)

sb2 -t SailfishOS-i486

ah,, and then
make
make install

thanks for your response, before I read it too fast, and i didnt realized you meant sb2 and not mb2

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
sb2 -t SailfishOS-armv7hl -m sdk-install -R
sb2 -t SailfishOS-i486 -m sdk-install -R

and seems you need to read this one: https://sailfishos.org/develop/tutor...ages-manually/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post: