Hi guys, i don't know if anyone of you tried this converter "WisMencoder" before, i would say this is a superb one. it converts great quality video just as the ad video within N800. 770 can play converted videos without any delay. looks like DVD!

a shame that it seemed only has chinese version. anyone interested in? if so i will make a tutorial.

i here upload a small clip of Italian movie "Malena", have a look.you should be able to play it with mplayer smoothly.

http://www.megaupload.com/cn/?d=H1I0HY6U

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Do you have a trusted link for this? A Google search has led me to be exposed to virus and trojan attacks. Also the download sites are red flagged by McAfee Site Advisor.

Furthermore if the program is in Chinese then why are you posting it on an English speaking forum?

Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
Do you have a trusted link for this? A Google search has led me to be exposed to virus and trojan attacks. Also the download sites are red flagged by McAfee Site Advisor.

Furthermore if the program is in Chinese then why are you posting it on an English speaking forum?

first of all, the upload space is Megaupload.com, any problem with that? It's one of the biggest online storage website.I use google search and it didn't show any virus warning to me. Your computer has virus doesn't mean the website has virus. The record shows that this file has been downloaded 10 times. None of them reports any virus.

Second, I'm just trying to be nice and want to share experience with other guys who want as much as i do to have 770 become a PMP. I couldn't find an English version, so I decide to make a tutorial on how to use the chinese version. I don't know why this borthers you?

By the way, those who have downloaded the test clip, please could you leave some comment about the quality of the clip and could you please also tell me if you want this software or not? It's not a cracked version, it's totally free software.

Thanks a lot. The video looks great on 770, but it cannot play by using Canola, which is the program I use all the time to watch videos on my 770. Any link for the program? Also, what make you feel it is better than MediaConverter?

Originally Posted by racky View Post
Thanks a lot. The video looks great on 770, but it cannot play by using Canola, which is the program I use all the time to watch videos on my 770. Any link for the program? Also, what make you feel it is better than MediaConverter?
media converter is good, except it so far hasn't given me what i want. I tried to use it to convert some formats into avi, it doesn't support. i was looking for a better converter and turn out this software is the best. it supports every video format in my computer, has a lot of parameters adjustable, very flexible.

I don't know if you guys need a better converter. if not then plz ignore this post.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
The record shows that this file has been downloaded 10 times. None of them reports any virus.
One of those 10 was me and I am reporting both a trojan and a virus.

Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
One of those 10 was me and I am reporting both a trojan and a virus.

so far 51 have downloaded it. you are the only one reporting trojan and virus, which means big chance that the problem is caused by ur computer. don't blame someone else. i didn't ask u to download. I already told u if u don't like then just ignore this post. didn't mean to fight with anyone.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
You can give a try to this free tool
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
Hope this help

Thanks for taking time to inform us on this video converter program. I am very much inetersted in trying it out. If you can, please send me a link to the tutorial for this program. I am frustrated with N800. I couldn't play any single video other than the demo clip came with it. It is supposed to be PMP but you can't play a single video. I don't know Nokia managed to market this product. To me it is an expensive MP3 player. If I had know this before, I would have gone fora i-touch or i-phone. Thanks for your help