Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by brandonc View Post
is there anyway to tell? such as using xterm, they just sent me the unit in bubble wrap.
hmmm....no idea, if kept the box, you can see it on the barcode sticker

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
yep mine just came off. i had the first Customer N900. it last 10 months with heavy use
10 months? wow......so you did no special treatments to prevent it from failing?

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
10 months? wow......so you did no special treatments to prevent it from failing?
the only special treatment i did was i was always careful. this is very sad

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to felbutss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
the only special treatment i did was i was always careful. this is very sad
i just read that qole already got this USB issue.

EDIT: out of topic, i just also read that the n97 and n86 have this issue as well, and unfortunately i have both of them........looks like my n900's filed down USB charger and data cable will be so handy for 3 handsets...

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-08-19 at 22:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Leaked photos from the N9 indicate Nokia has finally gone to through-hole mounting for usb connectors.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
The devices cannot be easily repaired, and certainly not at Care offices. What they are supposed to do is replace your device.

Be persistent. Inform them that Nokia HAS agreed to replace these devices!

Anyway, I will add your experience to the list. Thanks.
Well, when I called up nokia's US office (though the person I talked to was most probably located in India ), they told me that I need to send my unit in for repair for a wekk till 10 days. When I asked if it will be replaced, and if so if I could get the unit right after sending mine in (since I will be in the US for a short time, and I don't want to miss it) they said that most probably it can be repaired and therefore they wont replace it.

In all fairness, my usb connector isn't disconnected it is just a bit loose ( I can't even tell except for the fact that it doesn't charge). Should I argue with them that I should get it replaced?

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Leaked photos from the N9 indicate Nokia has finally gone to through-hole mounting for usb connectors.
looks like some are gonna drop the n900 and go MeeGo because on the micro usb issue.

Yeah I have to go overseas next month so I can't risk sending this phone in and hoping to get a replacement before I go. Fortunately my warranty should last till December so I can get it sorted out after the trip. If Nokia is nice enough to replace this unit then I will get the next Meego phone and keep the N900 for a MyPaint device.

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
I was wondering how long the usb port will hold up on the N900 as it seems rather delicate. With me connecting/disconnecting it several times a day I fear that it may break prematurely. Am I paranoid?
well i have the charging port break on me TWCIE in the space of 2 months.....1st time it was done via insurance £50 ex charge now i cancelled the insurance n sent if off to nokia hopefully it will b repaired for free but i doubt it can be fixed....

i just had the same problem twice in 2 months and the second time the actuall port has snaped out!
So now when the charger is placed in n then removed it the insides come out aswell, will i get this fixed via nokia, as i do not have any insurance to fall back to??
did anyone else face the same problem?

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty