Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Don't know whether this happened to others, but it is happening more and more often to me during the last week.

When opening the expandeable part of the tray (I have the brightness/volume control and the Gmail notifier in there), it sometimes stucks open.
Cannot do anything more than opening / closing the tray icons menus (like the one containing the gmail notifier operations like "Check mail now" etc.) or use the browser (once launched through the "Viex inbox" option).

No other part of the menus are responding (chat, browser, main menu), and cannot compress the tray by pressing the "\/" icon again. Tried to press, and keeping pressed the escape button but with no results.
In order to recover I must press the power button and choose to shutdown the tablet. (touch or buttons are responding).

Seems like the tray is keeping the focus over any other thing that is not an application window.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I did have this problem once. What system tray applications have you installed? I can't quite remember the details, but I think it was around the time I was trying out the mail notifier. I don't use it anymore, and I don't have the problem anymore, but that is probably coincidental.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
I have the gmail notifier installed and usually tried not to have too much icons so that the tray was not expanding over the last "slot".

But now I discovered the large statusbar clock

I had the gmail notifier in the last slot, because if any new mail was notified it was playing a sound, so no need to have it visible.

In fact it appeared in the beginning that the statusbar was locking opened only when I was opening the notifier menu (i.e. "Check mail now" etc.), so I did end to open it and just checked the icon appearance, but it happened again.

I'll try to move it in one of the first slots so that it is not in the expandeable part and report the results.

I had this problem earlier today.
The only special things I had installed were the small statusbar-clock, gmail notifier, and load applet.
I have just found and installed the large statusbar-clock.