I wasn't able to get consistent readings of the battery charge level even before the community SSU update. I bought a brand new original Nokia battery and after every reboot the battery-meter shows something different than before the reboot. Sometimes the charge level is higher, sometimes lower than before. As a side note, I use Advanced Power all the time, cause I like to run the device at 400MHz.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to derhorst For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by derhorst View Post
I wasn't able to get consistent readings of the battery charge level even before the community SSU update. I bought a brand new original Nokia battery and after every reboot the battery-meter shows something different than before the reboot. Sometimes the charge level is higher, sometimes lower than before. As a side note, I use Advanced Power all the time, cause I like to run the device at 400MHz.
Ah, I never knew that. Thanks!

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
I've been using the community update for more than a week and I haven't noticed any battery related differences.

Frank

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Copying from http://wiki.maemo.org/Seamless_Softw...tware-version:

You'll need to run apt-get with root privileges btw.

Since you no longer have osso-software-version installed it is quite likely that something else you have installed conflicted with it and the above may fail. In that case you may have better luck with apt-get install osso-software-version-rxXX-unlocked, but pay extra attention to what apt proposes to do before accepting it.
I ran this and it asked me to install few packages. I went through without any problems. Then I ran opened the repository URL again with MicroB and after that opened Application manager. It asked me if I want to install Comminity SSU enabler (don't remember exact message..) and I answered yes. Still, I don't see any new updates. I even disabled all my other repos except Nokia System Software Updates which I cannot disable.
I have Mer installed. Does it affect the process somehow? What I should do next?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
a thought popped to mind, can a microb versioon with better javascript performance be provided?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
Still, I don't see any new updates.
Even after refreshing? If so could you save the application manager log (Tools -> Log -> Save as) and post it here?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ima, don't worry about the battery. Went the entire day, some asleep, some not... and it was fine all day. It's the battery reading that's off.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Even after refreshing? If so could you save the application manager log (Tools -> Log -> Save as) and post it here?
This is what I get after I re-enabled few repos back. Community SSU (testing) is of course also enabled.

Code:
hildon-application-manager 2.1.19.1
apt-worker:Ignoring version from wrong domain: libdb4.2 4.2.52+dfsg-2
apt-get worker: /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_diablo_free_binary-armel_Packages
apt-worker:Ignoring version from wrong domain: libdb4.2 4.2.52+dfsg-2
apt-get worker: /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_diablo_free_binary-armel_Packages
Edit:
Kroll wrote that he didn't see any updates so he ran apt-get upgrade. I ran it also and it suggested following things:
Code:
The following packages have been kept back:
  libdb4.2  libxml2
The following packages will be upgraded:
  libgdbm3  libpurple0  pidgin-sounds  pre-installed-documentation-rx44
I didn't install those yet. Should I do it?

Last edited by Mixu; 2010-05-08 at 15:20. Reason: Added more info

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Another n800 with a successful upgrade.
I have to investigate why keychain stopped working (Error: Unable to use "ps" to scan for ssh-agent processes)

Edit: found it, ps doesn't support anymore the "ps x" syntax.

Last edited by luca; 2010-05-08 at 15:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
This is what I get after I re-enabled few repos back.
Nothing out of the ordinary there :-(

Could you also run "apt-key list" and "hildon-application-manager-config dump" in a terminal and check that their output contains

Code:
pub   1024D/3F027BB1 2010-05-04
uid                  maemo.org community repositories (diablo) <repositories@maemo.org>
sub   2048g/05F64387 2010-05-04
and

Code:
 <domain>
  <name>community-updates</name>
  <trust-level>650</trust-level>
  <key>11AA89A58197BDEFE5D7B0C96713C33F3F027BB1</key>
 </domain>
respectively?

I ran it also and it suggested following things:
(no community updates) What does "dpkg -l osso-software-version-*" report?

Code:
The following packages have been kept back:
  libdb4.2  libxml2
The following packages will be upgraded:
  libgdbm3  libpurple0  pidgin-sounds  pre-installed-documentation-rx44
I didn't install those yet. Should I do it?
Up to you, these packages are not relevant for the SSU. Do not install the libdb4.2 & libxml2 packages from extras though.

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo