Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
nice work on the colours, and interface. looking very good.
do you use sound cloud much now?

Edit:
updated first post with all the new updates

Last edited by smegheadz; 2011-09-22 at 18:01.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I have used it a fair bit, and have discovered plenty of interesting music. Mostly mixes of classic hip-hop, soul and r 'n' b. I'm working on adding dashboard functionality atm. Once that's done I can submit it to the Ovi Store. Having the dashboard load on startup will be optional, so you'll be able to start the application and access your downloads without requiring an internet connection.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
nice touch with the access downloads without the internet connection. i tend to look at the hottest tracks once a week and just play them while i am doing stuff around the house. i fav any i like.

[off topic]
any suggestions on languages to start with? i've a book on visual C# and visual studio express 2008 laying around somewhere.
i've come across an application i need but haven't found one that suits me, so thought i'd give it a go. it's nothing fancy just a desktop todo list. little toast popup reminder. i use one at the momeny based on adobe air but it's way to basic, and their advanded one has features i dont need and missing ones i do. not sure where to start though. i just want to make it really basic at first then build on it.

i'm familar with batch scripting and can read some vba(only a little) and other stuff.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Glad you are trying to implementing the Dashboard in the app! Thanks for your work, can't wait to have my N9 and try MusiKloud!

Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Glad you are trying to implementing the Dashboard in the app! Thanks for your work, can't wait to have my N9 and try MusiKloud!
It's actually very easy to implement the dashboard. The API provides a feed called 'activities' that contains the same data that appears on your dashboard. All I need to do is decide how to display it using visual elements.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
any suggestions on languages to start with? i've a book on visual C# and visual studio express 2008 laying around somewhere.
i've come across an application i need but haven't found one that suits me, so thought i'd give it a go. it's nothing fancy just a desktop todo list. little toast popup reminder. i use one at the momeny based on adobe air but it's way to basic, and their advanded one has features i dont need and missing ones i do. not sure where to start though. i just want to make it really basic at first then build on it.

i'm familar with batch scripting and can read some vba(only a little) and other stuff.
Are you looking to deploy the application to your desktop machine, or your N900/N9? In either case, I would consider learning QML and JavaScript for that type of task. It's pretty easy to build a UI with Qt Components, and the program logic could easily be handled by JavaScript code. Alternatively, you could learn Python and use either QML or the 'old' QWidgets for the UI.

I think a good start would be to install the Qt SDK and have a play around. There are a number of Qt Quick example applications and tutorials included to get you started.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
wanna see this on my n900, waiting for it!!!

was just looking at the latest images. any chance of the offwhite/grey colour scheme you used for the buttons being a background one too? i quite like to see what a white background etc looks like. not important though. and any chance of a new quick video? have me looking forward to it with those new screens.

Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
was just looking at the latest images. any chance of the offwhite/grey colour scheme you used for the buttons being a background one too? i quite like to see what a white background etc looks like. not important though. and any chance of a new quick video? have me looking forward to it with those new screens.
Sure. I will add another option to the list of themes. There is already a default white background that is used for applications when you do not set the property, so I can just use that. You can see what the background looks like from the screenshots of EasyList.

I'll upload a new demo video to YouTube later today.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
@Marxian

didn't know that about the defaulting theme. it does look pretty slick. i look forward to the youtube video while i'm pretending to work haha.
The text entry fields, are they constant throughout the UI of the OS and other applications? reason being can you copy/paste in text fields in apps or is that app specific?

Tags
music, musikloud, soundcloud