Posts: 30 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Flint MI
OK, I may be a might be a bit slow and missing something obvious but I can't launch gvm with my existing gvm.store file. I have tried from the home/user/ /usr/bin/gvm/gvm -z 1.5 -g /home/user/.gvm/gvm.store I tried the same thing from the root. From usr/bin/gvm I tried ./gvm -z 1.5 -g /home/user/.gvm/gvm.store from the home/user/.gvm I tried /usr/bin/gvm/gvm -z 1.5 -g gvm.store and /usr/bin/gvm/gvm -z 1.5 -g ./gvm.store
I either get an empty version of Garnet or the system tries to concatenate the two paths and then says it can't find the storage file. I am running the latest VM (downloaded a week ago.) on an N770 running OS2007HE. Any help would be appreciated.

Santa_Matt

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by santa_matt View Post
OK, I may be a might be a bit slow and missing something obvious but I can't launch gvm with my existing gvm.store file. I have tried from the home/user/ /usr/bin/gvm/gvm -z 1.5 -g /home/user/.gvm/gvm.store I tried the same thing from the root. From usr/bin/gvm I tried ./gvm -z 1.5 -g /home/user/.gvm/gvm.store from the home/user/.gvm I tried /usr/bin/gvm/gvm -z 1.5 -g gvm.store and /usr/bin/gvm/gvm -z 1.5 -g ./gvm.store
I either get an empty version of Garnet or the system tries to concatenate the two paths and then says it can't find the storage file. I am running the latest VM (downloaded a week ago.) on an N770 running OS2007HE. Any help would be appreciated.

Santa_Matt
what version of gvm you dl, 770 or n800?
bun

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Flint MI
I downloaded the version for N800 because I am running OS2007HE. I also have another chip that boots OS2006 and has the 770 gvm on it. I had similar problems with it before I made the OS2007HE chip.

santa_matt

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
You're welcome. It's one of the very few threads I've started myself, which I did because it looked like it could be useful for others and not just myself..
I agree that being able to start the GVM apps directly makes for a more integrated (and faster!) experience. Now we just need a slightly enhanced GVM (which can see the SD card and maybe use BT too), and we're all set! (well, and if it could also run AvantGo..)
There seem to be a couple undocumented command line options as well that I have discovered.

--refresh=x
--nice

I had to set "--refresh=2" in order to play SNES games on Little John Palm Emulator.

Not sure if "--nice" does anything.

I found these by doing "strings" on the gvm binary.

My posts on SNES play using Garnet and LJP are here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=288263

The Following User Says Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Okay. So I guess I have a couple of questions.

I have libxmu6, wmctrl and the screen rotation kernel all installed correctly.

First, can the gvmlauncher be displayed in fullscreen? No biggie, just thought I would ask.

Also, I would like for the screen to display just like it does in the "Portrait fullscreen" start mode option.

However, I would like the extra space that isn't being used to be available on the bottom of the screen, rather than the top.

Here's the thing though, I also would like for it to appear in this "Portrait fullscreen" display while the screen is already rotated before an application is launched.

Basically, I have an xkbd keyboard that I'd like to sit on the bottom of the rotated screen, but since Garnet also rotates itself while in this mode, applications don't appear correctly.

Here's kind of an image of what I'm hoping to achieve only picture the keyboard rotated and on the other side of the screen with the application pushed all the way to the top.

I think that this would absolutely be the best setup if someone could help figure this one out for me.

Thanks!

Hey all.

I also have one more question.

How can I grab all of the graphical icons that are displayed while in GarnetVM and then be able to use those icons under Personal Launcher?

Thanks ahead!

Quick note on how to sync GVM using Missing Sync in OS X:

In xterm:

Code:
./gvmlauncher --hotsyncid="My HotSync Name:1234"
then hotsync.

Thanks to all of those who worked on these problems.

If I start Garnet, the applications I registered work just fine.

However, if I skip Garnet and go straight to the launcher via shortcut, my applications are no longer registered and my registration keys no longer work either.

How can I find my Device Serial Number while in Garnet so I can load up the same number when going by shortcut?

That is what's causing the problem, right?

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Somewhere, most of the time.
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
If I start Garnet, the applications I registered work just fine.

However, if I skip Garnet and go straight to the launcher via shortcut, my applications are no longer registered and my registration keys no longer work either.

How can I find my Device Serial Number while in Garnet so I can load up the same number when going by shortcut?

That is what's causing the problem, right?
In the Palm menu choose "Info" then click on "Version" and below Garnet, will be "ID". The last 2 characters on my ID is "-9" which is not needed. I then use Personal Menu and have the option "-n ID#"

Hopefully this will work for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to dan67sf For This Useful Post:
How do I get a list of application names on my system? For example how do you know /usr/bin/gvm/gvm -a date -z 1.5 is valid instead of usr/bin/gvm/gvm -a datebook -z 1.5 or usr/bin/gvm/gvm -a dbook -z 1.5, etc.

Tags
garnet, palm