Notices

Originally Posted by bigdarkmad View Post
I saw this on the board here, so don't give credits to me.
Ope X terminal and write:
sudo gainroot (I'm not sure about root access)
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

If you are with titan 45 you will get somehow automaticly new fcam drivers and It will solve the Operation failed
This worked for me..thanks bigdarkmad...!! (You should be bigdarkwise now)

is there a location on the internal memory that stores camera settings and drivers that i could check maybe?
its very strange how almost every user has corrected the problem
but no such luck for me so far.
are there any apps that can verify system files to check there ok/bad?

To all those who removed blessn900 after having this problem, I believe the fault was with an incompatibility between the version of the fcam drivers and Titan's 42 kernel.

I had the same problem until upgrading.

The recent versions of blessn900 have added a ton of features including HDR, shallow depth of field (pseudo macro), etc and the user interface overhaul really made it a joy to use.

The person/people behind dear Blessie deserve a reward IMO.

See examples and explanations of the method here:

http://blessn900.com/

Last edited by Xagoln; 2010-11-30 at 18:12. Reason: typo

Really appreciated your help man.Thanks a lot

Originally Posted by shazosbourne View Post
Had the same operation failed issues with default camera app and blessn900 after I upgraded to titans kernel 42.

I didn't want to jump to 45 as I saw quite a few problems being encountered but just wanted my camera working again.
Thanks to Jakiman for this help.

I downloaded the updated fcam drivers from here (put them in MyDocs)
http://n900.tannerlab.com/kernel/fca....7-1_armel.deb

Then installed them with xterm:

cd /home/user/Mydocs
dpkg -i fcam-drivers_1.0.7-1_armel.deb

Camera working again.
thanks. Working again

For those who cannot install, just cd /MyDocs before dpkg -i fcam-drivers_1.0.7-1_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to jaykup For This Useful Post:
the problem is there is no folder called "MyDocs" at ALL on my N900. ive followed every step to the letter and now it says " cannot access archive: No Such file or directory. Errors were encountered while processing fcam-drivers_1.0.7-1_armel.deb"

ok uninstalled FCAM drivers and Bless n900 and it all works now..thank the lord.

its good to see everyone is getting their camera's working again i guess mine is the only one to get sent back to nokia then lol tuck the n900 in to a shop in town who tried the same things i tried off of this forum and they phoned me up and said it would have to go back to nokia they also told me it looks like one of the boards is cracked which they think may be caused by it been dropped (serves me right for buying a second hand phone i supose) but hopefully they will sort it as its still under waranty thanks for everyones help

gaz

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ void
Thanks for Jakiman's fcam driver! I also got rather frustrated by the camera issue. At first I tried to uninstall all the additional camera apps, but got stuck at lfocus, which cannot be uninstalled (error in post-removal script). Finally the fcam package works like a charm.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by gaz_golf_gti View Post
its good to see everyone is getting their camera's working again i guess mine is the only one to get sent back to nokia then lol tuck the n900 in to a shop in town who tried the same things i tried off of this forum and they phoned me up and said it would have to go back to nokia they also told me it looks like one of the boards is cracked which they think may be caused by it been dropped (serves me right for buying a second hand phone i supose) but hopefully they will sort it as its still under waranty thanks for everyones help

gaz

Nothing works for me except re-flashing without -R option (re-flashing eMMC!).

Tags
bada 4 gays, bada rox