Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
Has anyone had the opportunity to try the LogMeIn client on the N900? I am under the assumption that it should work (works fine on my N800), but well, you all know the pitfalls of assuming. Any first-hand experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thor

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
It can be downloaded from but its clearly not officially supported!

https://secure.logmein.com/labs/

Here is direct link

http://update.logmein.com/nokia/dist...0-27_armel.deb

It is for Chinook/Diablo.

You will also find a x86-32 version in the first Labs link.

A direct link to this is:

https://secure.logmein.com/activex/l...387-1_i386.deb

This version is slightly newer, but also from 2008. One requirement for that version is: A 32-bit x86 version of Firefox 2.x or 3.0 is required.

In Fremantle SDK I've been able to load the plugin in Maemo Browser by putting the *.so in ~/.browser/plugins and then starting the browser. I can auth, get the interface, but default in this case it uses Java plugin. I tried Mozilla but nothing. HTML worked. The last option is ActiveX...

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
Thanks. Hmm. Perhaps they will make it work on the new platform as smoothly as it did on the n800.

Originally Posted by thorbo View Post
Thanks. Hmm. Perhaps they will make it work on the new platform as smoothly as it did on the n800.
Hi,

OK... I've done some testing...

ActiveX -> Forget it, Win32/IE/x86-32, ActiveX wrapper for Mozilla Firefox existed but is for 2.x and on Linux/x86 requires WINE.
Mozilla -> Forget it, almost same story, XPI are just wrapper to running Win32/x86-32 executables.

Those 2 are Windows only. Three options remain:
  • Java plugin is better HTML. Java plugin supposed to work with OpenJDK and Sun Java 6 on x86-64. Did not work for me. There is Java available for ARMEL though, but not in easy packages yet.
  • HTML plugin sucks, after every click it reloads the _whole_ image. There is no compression either, it seems. Slow junk. It is a last resort or backup feature, but its not user friendly.
  • x86-32 nspluginwrapper around the Linux i386 .so did not work either. I read it checks the version of the browser, and that this must be spoofed to Firefox 2.x, but for me it didn't work. Ofcourse, not useful on Maemo/ARMEL (I tried the Linux/x86-32 version in SDK but didnt work). Then there is the binary .so for Linux ARMEL (the *.install you used to have or the *.deb just the proper Maemo stuff). While this version is older than Linux/x86-32, and while totally not updated nor supported, I don't see why this software would not work anymore, except the browser may not be recognized anymore because they check browser string.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
I have been trying to use LogMeIn today on my N900, and although it looks as though its working, Im faced with a blank screen when I should be looking at my laptop desktop on the N900. I really would like to get this working. I may try the idea above about putting the file in plugins.

any advice appreciated. I have been in touch wil logmein support already.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Changed the useragent and got the N810 plugin working, I don't know if Remote control works though, I got security problems on the emulator for some reason
To change the useragent type about:config, search for useragent and change the last value to the N810's useragent:
Code:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; X11; Linux armv6l; U) Opera 8.5 [en_US] Tablet browser 0.0.14 RX-34_2007SE_4.2007.26-8
BTW you need to enter the copy and paste cursor mode to click on the value and change it.
That should help you out

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Changed the useragent and got the N810 plugin working, I don't know if Remote control works though, I got security problems on the emulator for some reason
To change the useragent type about:config, search for useragent and change the last value to the N810's useragent:
Code:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; X11; Linux armv6l; U) Opera 8.5 [en_US] Tablet browser 0.0.14 RX-34_2007SE_4.2007.26-8
BTW you need to enter the copy and paste cursor mode to click on the value and change it.
That should help you out
Err, by setting general.useragent.override however then I could not get it to work either.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Sadly I too tried the above method, but catalog failed to update, and download the N810 plugin

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Micky View Post
I have been trying to use LogMeIn today on my N900, and although it looks as though its working, Im faced with a blank screen when I should be looking at my laptop desktop on the N900. I really would like to get this working. I may try the idea above about putting the file in plugins.

any advice appreciated. I have been in touch wil logmein support already.
I tried it just now, and I got as far as opening the Remote Control screen and then the whole browser crashed on me.

I downloaded the 1.0.380-37_amel1.deb file and installed it using dpkg command.

Originally Posted by Micky View Post
Sadly I too tried the above method, but catalog failed to update, and download the N810 plugin
Cause it tries to download from Fremantle collection instead of Diablo or Chinook. Try my direct link...