Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by turbowei View Post
works beautifully!
It'd be a bit less confusing though if I could get the other call styles implemented.

Originally Posted by turbowei View Post
hmm, now, how do u check voicemail on GV from TOR? Is there some clever interface?
You should receive the transcripts as IMs just like texts. I've tried to get the audio to be an incoming file transfer but haven't succeeded.

I don't have a push mechanism for voicemail transcripts and texts so TOR has to poll. It tries to be smart. The longer its been since the last message (or log off / log on), the longer it waits before checking. This is configurable in the advanced settings.

No one has the problem with the new purple extra protocols? I got my thread here but it got no response. I believe it affects TOR too.

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Hey,

Is there a problem with sending non-English characters included text message via this Google Voice IM plugin? They seem to be delivered fine via the web interface however, using virtual keyboard inserted non-English characters I can't seem to send anything. The written message disappears after I hit the send button, no failure or status message.

Thanks.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
After updating to 1.3 I can't get Google Voice Plugin to connect. I am given a network error... although everything else seems to work. Any help on this would be great, as I have been using the tool for quite some time, and love it. Thanks -Thor

(Hopefully this is the right forum, I have tried due-diligence and could not find anything else on this issue.)

Edit, seems that the update of Pidgin Extra Protocols, and a reboot all the issues disappeared. Happened only after I had sent this note in. So, should anyone else have had the same issues I did... there is the solution.

Regards, -Thor

Last edited by thorbo; 2010-11-07 at 22:17. Reason: Timely package update....

The Following User Says Thank You to thorbo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gsever View Post
Hey,

Is there a problem with sending non-English characters included text message via this Google Voice IM plugin? They seem to be delivered fine via the web interface however, using virtual keyboard inserted non-English characters I can't seem to send anything. The written message disappears after I hit the send button, no failure or status message.

Thanks.
This is something I've not tested. Feel free to file a bug on it.

https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi...e%20One%20Ring

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Allright, added here:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11554

Looking forward a quick solution

Originally Posted by gsever View Post
Allright, added here:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11554

Looking forward a quick solution
I've got a fix (tested by copying the Russian name for Saint Petersburg and pasting it into Empathy to send it) and it is in git.

I do not want to upload this yet though. The current version of TOR is more important to get out sooner than adding this in. TOR is just one (honest) vote away from being promoted.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I've not been able to get a text message to take on my last three attempts.

2 with DialCentral and 1 on Google Voice web page.

Is stupid Google Voice down again?

This just happened within the last ten minutes.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Can you try sending me a text Ed?

Hopefully you still have my number, unless you nuked it. If you did, good one! *lol*

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by epage View Post
The current version of TOR is more important to get out sooner than adding this in. TOR is just one (honest) vote away from being promoted.
Obviously, I've been using TOR since the beginning. I haven't had/seen any issues with the latest version. Voted thumbs up.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5