Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
How could a cumbersome and sometimes slow web interface ever be better then a direct local mail client interface for something that must be updated/checked as frequently as email?

Nokia Messaging all the way.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Originally Posted by ed00 View Post
Nokia messaging works fine for me. Except its still not working with Email widget.
Agreed. Only limitation is that it won't display in the widget.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
Nokia messaging for my gmail, ovi mail and yahoo mail..

What benefit does Nokia Messaging do for me as opposed to adding the IMAP account into the Email program?

And another thing beside that NM not showing in email widget. Also in Nokia Messaging folder emails always on zero. Another words no notification which email actually got new message. At least that's what im getting.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by cyeung View Post
What benefit does Nokia Messaging do for me as opposed to adding the IMAP account into the Email program?
Push email, which means that you get the email as soon as it is received in your account, as opposed to having the account checked periodically as is the case with IMAP.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
How could a cumbersome and sometimes slow web interface ever be better then a direct local mail client interface for something that must be updated/checked as frequently as email?

Nokia Messaging all the way.
are you trying to say that N900 default mail program is better than gmail(html)?Maybe for cheking new emails and answering to them (bit like messenger or irc) but as whole message center even gmails html page beats living crap out of N900 email.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Default email client for me set to check every 15 mins. Works like a charm.

I use gmail with Nuevasync for MfE, you can use it for mail and contacts, and i use Erming for multiple calendar sync for my google calendars. Superb, and MfE has the best push mail choices, not just on or off, but when and how long etc. Very flexible.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
I use the default client (now) but with almost 20K messages I was having real issues with gmail. I "archived" all but the latest messages via email (last 20 or so), and now it works a charm. I can always search my mail for those other ones if I really need them.... and that is done best via the browser. All seems well.