Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
i want harmattan with pureview in one single device, thats all i ask. With that mix i'm ready to move on with my life

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
If EU bans ios/android/wp from governmental institutions and decides to invest in US-spying-free platform?

-->> I could agree with what you write above, let's check history on this particular line:

Europe has invested 11 millions in Symbian just before Elop killed it.

Symbeose stands for "Symbian -- the Embedded Operating System for Europe.

A few random headlines:

http://www.technewsworld.com/rsstory/72258.html?amp&amp
http://blog.iese.edu/faceit/2010/the...way-our-money/

Seen the news in this topic the pledge of Elop to support Symbian till 2016 now reads as: leave Symbian raped and infected with MS spyware as an lead out present.
Interesting. I wonder how quick this would revive after a single slide from Snowden with 'iOS/Android/WP' next to 'Direct access' (probably won't happen though as they are using carriers http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201...one-call.shtml, sorry for OT but why noone came up with software scrambbler/encoder pgp like with public/private keys to avoid carrier sniffing is strange)

The Following User Says Thank You to _David_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by flotron View Post
i want harmattan with pureview in one single device, thats all i ask. With that mix i'm ready to move on with my life
You say this one day after Nokia has sold mobile division to Microsoft?

Seriously its tim e for people to stop dream when fact has been shown already...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I really, really hope that this means that Nokia starts to license their best tech to everyone interested. Pureview cameras and native Here Maps also on non-WP phones, I would like that.

Next generation Sailfish phone with Pureview Pro and Qt Here Maps
will not happen.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
You say this one day after Nokia has sold mobile division to Microsoft?

Seriously its tim e for people to stop dream when fact has been shown already...
There are rumours (not harmattan nor PV) that Nokia could restart another phone division without Lumia/Asha.

NOT TROLLING

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Interesting. I wonder how quick this would revive after a single slide from Snowden with 'iOS/Android/WP' next to 'Direct access' (probably won't happen though as they are using carriers http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201...one-call.shtml
Tapping calls on the network side is routine, and of course it's used in US on their carriers. Spying on europeans is more difficult for NSA since propably they cannot man EU carrier datacenters with their people (except in UK which is basically lapdog of the states)
Thus, there is real possibility that trojans on mobile devices are used against EU citizens.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
sorry for OT but why noone came up with software scrambbler/encoder pgp like with public/private keys to avoid carrier sniffing is strange)
Oh it's been thought of already;
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=12

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flotron View Post
There are rumours (not harmattan nor PV) that Nokia could restart another phone division without Lumia/Asha.

NOT TROLLING
For got sake that will not happen. Do you think Microsoft bussiness people is stupid idiots or what?

Its over for got sake.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
I know you are annoyed with Nokia, but chill buddy.

Nokia nokia nokia... bla bla

Nokia doesn't exist anymore, we know that. I'm telling what i listened
Symbian is not owned by MS, neither Harmy. And they are in different markets with Lumia now

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
... And now would be good time for Nokia to start licensing all their mobile solutions to all major phone manufacturers and/or OS companies out there. That is, if they still own all the phone-related patents, I think they do, if I've read the news correctly.

Samsung phones With Nokia Maps/41 mpix camera? I would do that to just to screw Microsoft. LICENSE (cheap?), get some money from the patents while you still can.

After all, after a few years all the patents will be obsolete as new technological innovations will come to replace the old innovations.

As a Finn, I'm pissed, but I did see this coming a long time ago... It seemed so obvious after the burning platform memo (& the consequent ditching of all Nokia's phone OS'ses [even the promising ones] and then going all in with Windows Phone strategy).

I personally never understood one bit why the WIndows Phone OS was chosen, the phone wasn't customisable at the least! And that's something the most customers seek from a phone. I'll never buy a phone I can't change a wallpaper to.

Now, If Nokia would only invest in Jolla... Though I see it unlikely. They might stay away from the phone business some time for now... if only to catch some breath after all this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:

Tags
espionage, trojan man