Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Is there a point in adding a dependency on maemo-optify if the package is optified manually?
maemo-optify is just a perl script to optify packages. I can't see why any Qt package would need this.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Bug: thumbnails dont show when enabled root access from settings

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
maemo-optify is just a perl script to optify packages. I can't see why any Qt package would need this.
Its worth to add - just to clear misinformations - that it is intended for developer's internal use, not a dependency for any package, until it's doing some kind of voodoo with scripts to post-install optify things. Not to mention perl requirement...

Considering quality of "some" request from this thread, lately, I bet that someone incompetent edited wiki, just that. Happens.

/Estel

// Edit

Originally Posted by tanago View Post
worksforme.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Feature request:- a Open terminal here button like filebox in dropdown menu.

I too face th8s bug but for me thumbnails dont work no matter if its root or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Sohil876 View Post
This can be done with the applications section.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=28

I think it would be a good idea to put some of these in hamster as standard.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
This can be done with the applications section.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=28

I think it would be a good idea to put some of these in hamster as standard.
Its already in, I have it preinstalled o.O

I too face th8s bug but for me thumbnails dont work no matter if its root or not.
Check if tracker is generating thumbnails and if it generates them for the images in the desired folder

Last edited by tanago; 2013-08-25 at 12:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
That is because g_get_home_dir(), which is used by Hildon in the process of generating thumbnail URIs, ignores $HOME. I have not yet decided what to do with it. If you want an immediate workaround, you can symlink /root/.thumbnails to /home/user/.thumbnails/.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
worksforme.
I hope you know that only killing the Hamster will make you a real superuser. If thumbnails work despite the violence, there is something atypical with your setup.

Considering quality of "some" request from this thread, lately, I bet that someone incompetent edited wiki, just that. Happens.
Well, in my head I have always pictured Aapo, whose packages account for half of the repository, as a competent guy. I even googled that bug to see if it is perhaps just copy-pasted from somewhere by mistake. I think it is not hard to notice that Hamster is already optified, so I started to wonder if there are other benefits behind that dependency, but seeing that no one has an approving explanation, I am removing it from the list.

Its already in, I have it preinstalled o.O
Yes, there are two preinstalled commands: Notes, Terminal (current dir). However, they are added only if the list is blank and untouched, thus usually do not appear after an upgrade.

As promised, Hamster Filer 0.6.4 is out.
  • Added location history, currently operable only with keyboards shortcuts (Backspace, Shift+Backspace).
  • Added persistent mode for the location editor.
  • Added an option to save location on exit.
  • Added some error messages related to file renaming.
  • Added a note that restart is required for the superuser setting to take effect.
  • Initially select only the base name in filename input fields.
  • Unlocked the ability to edit the applications list right before opening a file.
  • Use a URI when opening a file with its default application, which should improve compatibility with some applications.
  • Better recovery from an invalid starting location.
  • Do not show the second location info field in attention dialog for remove operations.
  • Decreased the margin in the settings window to avoid horizontal scrolling with wider fonts.
  • Force dates to be in English for consistency.
  • Some tweaks in the packaging.

The mysterious "persistent mode", can be turned on to prevent the location editor from disappearing every time the location is changed. In this mode it will be replaced by the breadcrumbs only when you press 'X'.

I have promoted the package to extras-testing, so give it a whirl and express your approval (or lack of) by voting here: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...filer/0.6.4-1/.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
That is because g_get_home_dir(), which is used by Hildon in the process of generating thumbnail URIs, ignores $HOME. I have not yet decided what to do with it. If you want an immediate workaround, you can symlink /root/.thumbnails to /home/user/.thumbnails/.

I hope you know that only killing the Hamster will make you a real superuser. If thumbnails work despite the violence, there is something atypical with your setup.

Well, in my head I have always pictured Aapo, whose packages account for half of the repository, as a competent guy. I even googled that bug to see if it is perhaps just copy-pasted from somewhere by mistake. I think it is not hard to notice that Hamster is already optified, so I started to wonder if there are other benefits behind that dependency, but seeing that no one has an approving explanation, I am removing it from the list.

Yes, there are two preinstalled commands: Notes, Terminal (current dir). However, they are added only if the list is blank and untouched, thus usually do not appear after an upgrade.

As promised, Hamster Filer 0.6.4 is out.
  • Added location history, currently operable only with keyboards shortcuts (Backspace, Shift+Backspace).
  • Added persistent mode for the location editor.
  • Added an option to save location on exit.
  • Added some error messages related to file renaming.
  • Added a note that restart is required for the superuser setting to take effect.
  • Initially select only the base name in filename input fields.
  • Unlocked the ability to edit the applications list right before opening a file.
  • Use a URI when opening a file with its default application, which should improve compatibility with some applications.
  • Better recovery from an invalid starting location.
  • Do not show the second location info field in attention dialog for remove operations.
  • Decreased the margin in the settings window to avoid horizontal scrolling with wider fonts.
  • Force dates to be in English for consistency.
  • Some tweaks in the packaging.

The mysterious "persistent mode", can be turned on to prevent the location editor from disappearing every time the location is changed. In this mode it will be replaced by the breadcrumbs only when you press 'X'.

I have promoted the package to extras-testing, so give it a whirl and express your approval (or lack of) by voting here: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...filer/0.6.4-1/.
This history back/forward feature is a life saver - can you make it work between sessions also?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Well, in my head I have always pictured Aapo, whose packages account for half of the repository, as a competent guy.
Ough - he is competent, for sure. Maybe it's good idea to just ask him via PM, what the hell he had in mind while writing that wiki notice?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Ough - he is competent, for sure. Maybe it's good idea to just ask him via PM, what the hell he had in mind while writing that wiki notice?
I copied wiki text from FileBox to the HamsterFiler. I tried to check them all, but still there might be some stupidity.

If you are referring 'missing maemo-optify on depends': I mistyped 'Depends', when I really meant 'Build-Depends'.

As fresh installed maemo-sdk doesn't have maemo-optify, this will fail:
Code:
apt-get source hamsterfiler ;apt-get build-dep hamsterfiler
cd hamsterfiler* ; dpkg-buildpackage
Sorry, it took so long to comment this. Feel free to PM if I'm not responding.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:

Tags
hamster filer, nokia n900