Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
It's official, pre-orders are delayed.

Not sure whether to cancel my order or not..
Are You serious?

You have seen the Pro1, held it in your hands and then... canceled the order if it is a little late?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ California
Check your emails everyone who’s order. Delayed to early October.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to linuxunux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
disappointed as the communication has been poor, and the out of box experience is the least important thing to me personally

If they delay again a few days before people are expecting a release, with the same lack of communication, it would be a very unprofessional look

Still looking forward to the phone however

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to electristan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
For the record (I didn't include the links to some review from IFA, I'm pretty sure you guys can find them if need be):

Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience, we understand that you are eagerly waiting for your Pro1 and as promised we wanted to share with you a few updates on the Pro1 and recent progress.

Factory latest

We have had delays in obtaining the final licences needed for the best ‘out of box’ experience and this delay has been further compounded by our factory closing next week for the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival.

Production has started and we are eager to start shipping; but until we are fully satisfied with the best ‘out of box’ experience we will not ship until this has been resolved. We appreciate that this may be disappointing, but quality is our number one objective and we are now not likely to ship the pre-orders until early October.

In the meantime, we wanted to share a few sneak peaks from the production line

IFA Berlin 2019

On a better note, we attended the annual Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin (IFA), which is one of the most established consumer electronics exhibitions attended. Today it is one of world's leading trade shows for consumer electronics and home appliances. We had the chance to show off Pro1 to the media. Culminating in the Pro1 winning the ‘Innovation’ Award.

You may have already seen the very positive articles we received from the show already, if not please take a look at some of the press articles that we are featured in.

Expect regular updates from us via email and social on the progress of Pro1 production.

Have a great weekend.

Adrian and Chen
Founders, F(x)tec

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Interesting development. I was waiting to see how the first batch turned out before taking a dive and buying one. In particular, was hoping to see how successful folks were in porting a standard linux distribution so I had a mini pc.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
[...]how successful folks were in porting a standard linux distribution so I had a mini pc.
+1 (ten chars)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Holy **** that Unihertz Titan looks cool too, it's like the Toughbook of hwkb phones: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rty-smartphone
I understand the form-factor is the same as the BlackBerry Passeport. I tried one Passeport and I found it fat : you have to use both and to use it, whatever you want to do. In addition, the edge are "sharp" (meaning : they aren't very round), so it will break your trouser pockets.
However, having a smartphone with a physical keyboard which is IP67 is pretty cool.

In particular, was hoping to see how successful folks were in porting a standard linux distribution so I had a mini pc.
Do you mean something like this ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
All this situation is good to me. The screen protectors i ordered Will only arrive mid october. So i will not have to keep FX tec pro1 on a drawer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
With the current exchange rate it's just 13€ extra, so about 15$.
As an example, you can buy the low capacity iPhone 11 pro for 1250€ in germany (1375$), but in Greece that is still EU it costs about 1340€ (1475$).
I mean, just 10€ difference in price between counties sounds like a dream in my book, not something to complain about!

Last edited by nikos523; 2019-09-17 at 03:03.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit