Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
In a month or so I will have a concert in which I'll have to control a slide presentation projected on a huge screen at my back while playing on stage. In the theatre there is no wifi network I can use for internet connection, so I need bluetooth. With my old nokia phones I used to use bluetooth remote control with anyRemote, which has a server applications for linux (in both Gnome and KDE flavours), but only j2me or android client applications. Now I began to search for an alternative, since there is no client fo N9, and found some solutions on Nokia Store, but in one way or another they don't completely fulfill my needs: Remote Control for PC has only a Win server app, QRemoteControl 2 has a linux client but no bluetooth connectivity, Remoter seems to have an alpha server app for Ubuntu, but bluetooth connectivity is only available in the PRO version of the app, which is not on the Store, or I could not find it. I could dual boot my netbook in my almost unused Win7 partition, but if I can I'd gladly avoid it.

Does anybody know a solution that suits my needs?
Thanks in advance!

P.S.
I also took a look at PhoneME to see if I could use the j2me app on N9, but I also noticed that bluetooth support is still on the TODO list, so at least for now it's a no-go.

Last edited by Watchmaker; 2012-09-26 at 15:57.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
setup your laptop to be wifi ap.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
setup your laptop to be wifi ap.
Oh, it can be done?
I'm not really into this kind of stuff, nice to know!
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
linux: http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostapd/
windows: http://www.ishanarora.com/2009/07/29...-access-point/
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Thanks, but I've been able to do that with KDE's regular knetworkmanager app. I just didn't know you could do something like that, a quick google was all I needed to get started.

I came back here to post my success story, and to give proper credit where it is due: I ended with buying QRemoteControl 2 and I should say that it works like a charm. If you need a remote app for your N9, take a look at it.

N9 client app on Nokia Store
Server apps on Qt-apps.org (for both Windows and Linux)

EDIT:
Oooops, wrong link

Last edited by Watchmaker; 2012-09-28 at 16:54.