Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
You can set the mac with 'ip link set dev wlan address $MAC'. But this is only a workaround.

You could try to put this with your mac in init.hammerhead.rc for example, nd try if this works.
That command does not work

I created this script
/usr/bin/fixed_mac

HTML Code:
ifconfig wlan0 hw ether 00:90:4C:E1:87:FF
and service

HTML Code:
[Unit]
Description=fixed_mac address

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/bin/fixed_mac

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Now mac address is fixed but after reboot wifi still does not connect and asks password, after this it changes ip address.

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Do anyone of you have aliendalvik rooted?

I tried and installed su binary and superuser app. It sees su bianry. I set to automatically allow su acces but it does not allow.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
I tried different root checkers. some said i have root some said i did not. So i tried actual app "kernel auditor" which needed root access and it did not start.
Now i installed supersu app it asked for update. I mounted /system 'rw' mode, it updated su binary was ~95 KB now ~157 KB.

Then uninstalled superuser app because it does not give prompt and blocks requests. I see it in log.

I copied this su (~157 KB) binary in. Notice these 2 are the same file just renamed.

/usr/bin/aliendalvik-superuser-binary
/bin/su

and shortcuts
/opt/alien/system/bin/su -> /usr/bin/aliendalvik-superuser-binary
/opt/alien/system/xbin/su -> /usr/bin/aliendalvik-superuser-binary
/system/bin/su -> /usr/bin/aliendalvik-superuser-binary
/system/xbin/su -> /usr/bin/aliendalvik-superuser-binary

and kernel auditor starts! Some root checker still says NOT ROOTED, but actual app that needs root does start

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
For now i have 3 very annoying bugs.

1 On every shutdown/startup phone needs wifi password to connect to my network.
2 After call sometimes touch does not respond. The only way is to restart the phone or if it was connected to my wifi ssh to it and run 'killall lipstick'
3 Video recording sometimes works sometimes does not.

If these 3 bugs are fixed (video recording is not so important for me) i would appreciate it.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
1. This is because of the change of the MAC address, you could ask on sailfish-porters, aybe someone there can help you.
2. Do a three finger touch, most of the time UI is working again, you also could use powermenu2 to restart lipstick by doing a long press on the power button.
3. Didn' noticed that, but i barely record videos.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
3. As a workaround switch from main to front back to main camera for video recording.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
For now i have 3 very annoying bugs.

1 On every shutdown/startup phone needs wifi password to connect to my network.
2 After call sometimes touch does not respond. The only way is to restart the phone or if it was connected to my wifi ssh to it and run 'killall lipstick'
3 Video recording sometimes works sometimes does not.

If these 3 bugs are fixed (video recording is not so important for me) i would appreciate it.
the wifi thing I think I heard somewhere was fixed by updating connman, so maybe wait for the next update

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
1. This is because of the change of the MAC address, you could ask on sailfish-porters, aybe someone there can help you.
I remember mac address, restart phone it changes i set previous mac address which i remembered, but after this wifi can't connect at all.
I'll ask on TJC. Can you link me sailfish porters thread?

Hi guys,
I just installed SFOS2 on top of CM12.1 on my Nexus 5 and love it. It has everything I need...except whatsapp. I tried to get some obscure inofficial alien dalvik running but had no luck.

When I try to install Fdroid from this post I run into the problem that I cant locate the sfdroid.zip on the phone memory in TWRP.

Or let me rephrase that:

I like SFOS a lot. I need Whatsapp. What is my best option at this point? Real Jolla phone? Is SFdroid running stable enough for a daily driver right now? I read through tons of pages already, but my linux skills are...uh...limited and not everything makes sense to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to waidler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by waidler View Post
I like SFOS a lot. I need Whatsapp. What is my best option at this point? Real Jolla phone? Is SFdroid running stable enough for a daily driver right now? I read through tons of pages already, but my linux skills are...uh...limited and not everything makes sense to me.
From where did you download aliendalvik? Did you try that package what i have posted?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid