Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by northernpie View Post
Hmmmmm Names for it? Do you mean you have it all ready to go? just has to be named?

let's see I am not very creative when it comes to this sort of stuff but I will give it a go....

NZion
Cumorah

Will try and think of a few more.

Cheers
For clarification I have a Mormon Channel app already to go. That is the audiobook / radio program app. The Church has been dragging its feet for over 2 months on releasing it. My understanding of my agreement with them is that I have copyright on the source and they have a non-exclusive perpetual grant on that copyright. I just have to purge IRI material from it.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Ahhh ok so this is not like the LDS app which gives you access to scriptures and manuals etc??

was hoping it was

Cheers

Originally Posted by northernpie View Post
Ahhh ok so this is not like the LDS app which gives you access to scriptures and manuals etc??

was hoping it was

Cheers
I plan to eventually create that one too

Epage.....You are a legend Thanks!

Lovin this Maemo community!

Cheers

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Just as a matter of interest, I have the whole of the UK Methodist 'Hymns and Psalms' in word (.doc) format, words only. This would include a large number of well-known hymns.

Anything over 50 years old is 'public domain' so out of copyright. If people wanted particular hymns converted to PDF for this project, just yell.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle, WA
Since people were discussing ways to read the Standard Works, I thought I'd mention that I have a plucker-formatted file with the complete Standards Works, with footnotes and study helps. It works great in FBReader, although it does take quite a while (~1 minute) to load on my N800. I can't remember where I downloaded it from, so let me know if Google can't find it for you and I'll send you a copy.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Great idea I must say. Do you have to be a Mormon to use it though? Can you import Christian Hymns into it? It would be very useful to me if it did..
Take a look at http://lds.org/cm/catalogsearchalpha...82-1-1,00.html for a listing of hymns in the LDS (Mormon) hymnbook. Many, if not most of them were written by people of other Christian denominations, so there are likely quite a few that are familiar to you. (I've heard that Kawai actually used the arrangements from the LDS hymnbook for the built-in hymns on their digital pianos.)

Originally Posted by epage View Post
For clarification I have a Mormon Channel app already to go. That is the audiobook / radio program app. The Church has been dragging its feet for over 2 months on releasing it. My understanding of my agreement with them is that I have copyright on the source and they have a non-exclusive perpetual grant on that copyright. I just have to purge IRI material from it.
Its been over three months now. I've come up with a new name (Waters of Shiloah) and scoured around for permissively licensed images to include. I've requested a garage project and a b.m.o component. Expect to soon see a t.m.o thread announcing this.

As an update, I've finally announced the release of Waters of Shiloah.

I guess I'll stop hijacking this thread