Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...%7D&dist=msr_9

LONDON (MarketWatch) -- Shares of Nokia Corp. fell as much as 11% Friday after the world's largest maker of mobile phones warned that aggressive pricing by some of its rivals, tougher competition at the lower end of the market and a production glitch with one of its products would dent its market share in the third quarter.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Trier, Germany
Mh, their rivals became very strong. I'm surprised at products from Samsung, maybe for the first time my next phone won't be a Nokia

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
The article is about mobile phone segment; besides the fact that the NIT is made by Nokia this has nothing to do with NITs.

In the article also the state of the world economy is mentioned.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
It's deja vu all over again!

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
The article is about mobile phone segment; besides the fact that the NIT is made by Nokia this has nothing to do with NITs.
I don't agree. Without Nokia's position on the mobile phone market they wouldn't experiment with new ideas. The NIT 770 was not a real consumer product

The Following User Says Thank You to bongo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA

Without profits in their main business it is unlikely they will do much on the NIT with scarce $$
PLEASE use the Wiki

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemniii42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...%7D&dist=msr_9

LONDON (MarketWatch) -- Shares of Nokia Corp. fell as much as 11% Friday after the world's largest maker of mobile phones warned that aggressive pricing by some of its rivals, tougher competition at the lower end of the market and a production glitch with one of its products would dent its market share in the third quarter.
I told them I wouldn't buy their sh*t anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Explanation?

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Lee's Summit, MO, USA

Actually, the NIT is in their mobile division, so, yeah, it has something to do with the NIT.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mutiny32 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Explanation?
I'm teetering on this, given Nokia's statements about OGG with regards to patents and their statement that the community should embrace closed source and architectures.. and most importantly, my experience with trying to get replacement parts and stylus (stylii? heh).

The fact that if something breaks, there's no course for me to go through to get the parts to replace easily replaceable parts is infuriating and enough to completely turn me away moreso than anything else that annoyed me. This is a show-stopper of an error on their part.

Maybe that's not his reason, but it might be mine unless Nokia improves in light of increasing competition from vendors who might do a better job of taking care of their customers after they've purchased product and happily spread the brand by word of mouth. It's akin to feeling betrayed.

But I digress, I'd like to know his reasons too.