Notices

Hello there...... m new to the N900 but its an awesome phone..... Just one thing though..... i cant seem to find the root dir folder .... i dnt know if you can help me m stuck.... i tried using the PC, after showing all hidden folders but still cannot find it.... Please help

Originally Posted by RDilus View Post
did you change more thing i need to know to help you better
Thanks for the help

that's exactly my pref after editing:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE map SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/preferences.dtd">
<map MAP_XML_VERSION="1.0">
<entry key="IMEI" value="356938xxxxxxxxx"/>
<entry key="CC" value="961"/>
<entry key="CONTACTS" value=""/>
<entry key="LOGIN" value="9613353xxx"/>
<entry key="PHONENR" value="3353xxx"/>
<entry key="REGSTEP" value="1"/>
</map>

961 is my country code
3 is the area code
353xxx is my phone number
after inserting the verification code, the page change to the registration page and it gives me" could not login : communication error"

thanks in advance

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by skupa View Post
Hello there...... m new to the N900 but its an awesome phone..... Just one thing though..... i cant seem to find the root dir folder .... i dnt know if you can help me m stuck.... i tried using the PC, after showing all hidden folders but still cannot find it.... Please help
I don't know what this may have to do with whatsapp.

Anyway, what do you mean by "root dir folder". The root folder is /, the folder where the "profile" for the root user is /root.

None of those folders is visible when connecting the N900 with a PC using mass storage mode (only the /home/user/Mydocs folder is visible).

"fill the code in on the phone wait for couple of mins and bam whatsapp will work"

I'm kinda stuck on this part, it keeps on this screen. But the WIFI connection is up and running. Any Ideas how to fix this ? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
come on guys i dont understand a single step of this cuz its a noob question and plz giv a noob guide. and i dont even understand that wer to put that code ? plz give a complete noob guide

hey i havea N900 i live in london i did 44 as CC i am still having erroer do i tryed 1 time more and now it is frozan on the verify the blue bar is not moving what is wrong help

i have a code from whatsapp but i dont Know where to put it cos it is still giveing me unknown error wot is the method:sms,voice,recover,loging

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
come on guys i dont understand a single step of this cuz its a noob question and plz giv a noob guide. and i dont even understand that wer to put that code ? plz give a complete noob guide
...consider yourself being not much in the right place on this 'board' then. When was the last time _you_ were helpful?

Originally Posted by Varivy-Xis View Post
"fill the code in on the phone wait for couple of mins and bam whatsapp will work"

I'm kinda stuck on this part, it keeps on this screen. But the WIFI connection is up and running. Any Ideas how to fix this ? Thanks in advance.
I have the exact same problem!
I enter my code and then select "complete" on the N900, after which the screen sort of freezes!
I restarted my phone, thinking it might have gotten verified but the same thing appeared!

So basically its not getting verified!

Last edited by zilshah; 2012-07-11 at 17:48.

Works like a charm, if you follow the instructions properly!!